Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa did play very well and could easily have had a couple more. We were still garbage and not one of our players put in even a 5 out of 10 performance. Pope was probably our best player and he still could and should have done better for the Villa second goal.

I don't know it the problem stems from playing 3 away games in a row or if the problem was 3 games in 6 days which happened the week before but something wasn't right as we just had no legs and that's usually our main strength.

I don’t think that the players are on the beach yet because I believe that they do want to finish as highly as possible.

We all have games like that fella. Sometimes we get away with it, sometimes we don’t.

I think today was a big test for us and we passed it with flying colours. Beat Everton on Thursday and I think we can look forward to playing in the Champions League next season and it will be massively deserved.

Spend wisely in the Summer and we could really cement our position in the top 4 and that would be insane considering where we were when Howe was appointed.

Add some quality to play alongside Pope, Botman, Bruno, Joelinton, Willock and Isak and we’ll have a good starting 11 with players on the bench who can come on to make a difference.

I don’t want to get ahead of myself, but I hope that we concentrate on the Premiership if we qualify for the Champions League next season rather than go all out in the Champions League and suffer in the league. Next season is too soon for us to compete in Europe but the rise in our income and profile will be so important.

I think today was a big test for us and we passed it with flying colours. Beat Everton on Thursday and I think we can look forward to playing in the Champions League next season and it will be massively deserved.

Spend wisely in the Summer and we could really cement our position in the top 4 and that would be insane considering where we were when Howe was appointed.

Add some quality to play alongside Pope, Botman, Bruno, Joelinton, Willock and Isak and we’ll have a good starting 11 with players on the bench who can come on to make a difference.

I don’t want to get ahead of myself, but I hope that we concentrate on the Premiership if we qualify for the Champions League next season rather than go all out in the Champions League and suffer in the league. Next season is too soon for us to compete in Europe but the rise in our income and profile will be so important.

Enjoy the ride mate.

Have you stopped scoring against spurs yet?

Have you stopped scoring against spurs yet?

I thought we'd stopped on 21 minutes. Hopefully we can pick it up again on Thursday and we don't have another arse cable tying himself to the goal post.

You were very impressive today, Mick.

Keep it up for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.