Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the first Newcastle result I've seen that's made me shocked since they beat the rags 5-0. Howe's doing a phenomenal job

Well done Newcastle for giving those spurs fucks a good kicking. They will try to turn the screw with their red masters off the pitch. Glad another team is competing but if you keep progressing at this rate we might have to start watching our back. Won’t be long until you come for City. Until then well done.

I do hope you appreciate the work City have done to the old top 4. We have dispersed the red teams making it easier in my view for other teams to take advantage. When city arrived we had to smash our way in to a very established establishment. Anyway, your welcome -:)

Joelinton is some player. If Newcastle weren't so wealthy I'd be after him and sell Phillips.

You were very impressive today, Mick.

Keep it up for the rest of the season.

I was a bit concerned after the Villa result because we were garbage. I had hoped that it was because of playing 3 away games or 3 games in 6 days and I guess it now looks like it was one or both of those and although we have 3 games this week, only one is away which will help.

Joelinton is some player. If Newcastle weren't so wealthy I'd be after him and sell Phillips.
Joelinton has turned into a fantastic midfielder from a failed forward who wasn't really a forward in the first place. He had some really bad times with us under Bruce and the lad never tried to hide and I kept saying to my son’s that we should drop him further back into midfield, so he has the game in front of him instead of behind him.

He has a tremendous set of lungs on him and he can cover the length of the pitch in a few strides, he can do that for 90 minutes quite easily.

I’ve watched Newcastle all of my life and football in general and I don’t think I have ever seen a player go from such a low level to such heights and he really deserves it.

We’ll no doubt spend money going forward and I hope that Joelinton is with us for as long as he wants to be because he grafts his nuts off and is such a likeable person. I don’t know if it’s because he’s from a poor country, he doesn’t seem to take anything for granted and he never complains about anything, ever, he just gets on with whatever is thrown in his direction.

See you in the Champions League final next year ;-)

We're years away, I'll be happy for us to get to the competition and then do ourselves justice while not dropping off in the league. Isn't the CL format changing for next season with every team being guaranteed to play at least 8 games in a league format?

I would guess that getting to the CL will bring in around £15 million - £20 million, more importantly, it probably increases what we can charge related parties for sponsorship as our advertising revenue will increase exponentially. Saudia were advertising with us again today so I think they are probably favourites to become our new front of shirt sponsors. I guess Riyadh Air could be a possibility if they want to get noticed once they're flying planes. Finances are boring but we need to make massive leaps to be able to truly compete in all competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.