Newcastle Thread - 2023/24

Good luck to Newcastle for rest of season (even with the fact that Mr Gordon plays for them!). Great support which deserves success.

Hope all their fans (and ours) got home safely bearing in mind the ridiculous KO time.

Bit physical last night but part of that was I think a testimony to how good we were.

I suspect that Howe will not be able to do what Mancini did for us but we shall see.
“Got home safely bearing in mind the ridiculous KO time”? You never been to an evening game during the week? There is no difference whatsoever.

I expected a lot more. It was a grindy result for us but absolutely nothing special about the opposition. Massively overrated and overhyped at the moment. Title contenders is not a chance. Top 10 at best.
Was having this conversation last night. I kind of agree, although think they are better than top 10.

If you look at their team from last night, they are big and strong. Will be very difficult to beat and will beat plenty of teams this season.

However, how many of their starting 11 would get into our best team. Not very many or most likely none. Trying too see it thru none blue tinted specs but who would threaten our players.

Pope no, defensively very solid but none get into our team. Their midfield is good, but again instead of Rodri/Kova/KDB/Foden, not a chance. Upfront the same, Isak is decent but he’s no Haaland/Alvarez. Maybe Almiron you could make an argument for but thats more to do with our lack of wide options which we may put right over the next few weeks.

Very decent outfit but top 4 this season, no chance they put in a title charge imo

Attachments

• E430F7AE-9AE5-4592-813B-132A4FCCC10F.jpeg
    E430F7AE-9AE5-4592-813B-132A4FCCC10F.jpeg
    379.3 KB · Views: 13
Highlights of the Liverpool match for anyone interested.

200w.gif

Great side but they can’t control games. A tempo setting DM and a reliable goalscorer out wide makes them a serious title threat, but right now they’re still in a top 4 hunt.

I’ve not really rated Gordon but he had Arnold on toast tonight and Howe takes him off, School boy error that, Harvey Barnes is proper wank, I’m perplexed at that decision

when all the pressure was on them to extend the lead when dippers went down to 10 they fell to pieces they need to learn how to manage games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.