Newcastle United (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

New person question. I was reading a few write-ups that mentioned Gvardiol was responsible for both Newcastle goals. The first because he lost the possession (which I see) and the second because he lost possession as well. For the second, he takes a shot which is blocked and then bounces to a Newcastle player - it’s passed around a few times and they score. I feel like I rarely see offensive players who shoot and then miss considered “responsible” for a goal when the opposing team scores at some point during their following period of possession. Is Gvardiol “responsible” for that second Newcastle goal because he shouldn’t have taken the shot? Or it wasn’t a good shot?

New person question. I was reading a few write-ups that mentioned Gvardiol was responsible for both Newcastle goals. The first because he lost the possession (which I see) and the second because he lost possession as well. For the second, he takes a shot which is blocked and then bounces to a Newcastle player - it’s passed around a few times and they score. I feel like I rarely see offensive players who shoot and then miss considered “responsible” for a goal when the opposing team scores at some point during their following period of possession. Is Gvardiol “responsible” for that second Newcastle goal because he shouldn’t have taken the shot? Or it wasn’t a good shot?
Neither is his "fault"...except to those who want it to be...

Don't be fooled he was the same at Bournemouth. Dark arts, time wasting, kicking us all game. He even admitted after one game they did everything they could to disrupt us. He's a ****.
When you’re Bournemouth and trying to survive against God’s Own team, that’s one thing. Once you’re a Top 6/8 team, it’s a bit pathetic…but I won’t argue the toss in his favor!

He wasn’t at fault for either goal. We play with quite a high defensive line which is susceptible to a quick ball over the top…a bit like how Liverpool play….not very sophisticated football but effective if you lose the ball to the oppos in a dangerous area.

It's not "suicidal"; it is as the post you reply to says, "risk reward" football. It's a calculated risk.

The results ultimately speak for themsleves and to date, Pep's approach has worked. Indeed, it worked on Saturday.

Newcastle stuck a bit of a fly in the ointment by scoring two excellent goals from their point of view. However, we topped them with three great finishes. Better finishing on our part might have produced a bigger gap but we managed 26 or 7 shots away from home at a team that really do know how to defend.

City are not gong to sit back and play on the break, which our opponents do and means when they manage to break the stranglehold City often put on them, they frequently get more space to play with than City get trying to breakdown massed defences.

Pep will be more cautious in some games against certain opposition but mostly, he will send the team out there to go for it and that's how come we hold five major trophies at once.
Yes mate, i know all that and am well on-board with Pep's tactics. However, the 2 goals against us on Saturday and several others this season have been from the counter attack when we've been high up the pitch with a lone defender covering.

Every player is responsible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.