Newcastle United (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I really enjoyed that as a game of football, though I wish we would turn our early superiority into a few goals more regularly, if only to calm the heart-rate.

Besides the obvious KDB quality and Bobb's sublime finish, a couple of other things caught my eye. First, we don't half get dicked by a quick pass over the top of our defence for opposition forwards to run on to, the space we leave is ridiculous at times. Second, despite what some have said on here, I thought Kovacic had a good game....nothing spectacular but he was solid, mopped up and allowed Rodri some licence to go forward. A very under-rated performance from him imo.

But the thing that really stood out.....you could see what that result meant to everyone at the end. The desire is definitely still there and they smell blood. Enjoy the break and come back firing on all cylinders for the interesting part of the season.

I don't understand the cannibalism I see regularly on this forum. It's a football site - people will naturally and understandably be emotionally reactive - especially mid-game, as things ebb and flow. Revelling in "I told you so" , calling people 'fanny wipes' - these kinds of posts don't do anything except set City fan against City fan, and I just don't think it's a good look. Yes, I'm sure some opposition fans do troll the site and try to wind folk up, but so what? You never worry or fear for the result or see a poor performance? Great. Others do, and that's ok. Being a fan is all about opinions. In the moment, we can all be happy clappers and doom merchants, and that's ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.