Newcastle United (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Again mate footballers are wealthy have power and should do something about it, the fact they aren't doing anything about it tells me they are in agreement with it.
What you want & are able to do are two different things. Without international football, I doubt we'd hear a peep.

International matches & European football isn't an issue to most players in the lower half of the PL & in the lower leagues.

It's those at the very top who're expected to perform at the highest level 3 times per week which is unsustainable imo, & it's reaching breaking point.

skynews-manchester-ity-city_6401901.jpg

Football players are threatening legal action over the increasing match demands placed on their bodies with new and expanding competitions, their union has told Sky News.​

The Professional Footballers' Association says some top clubs face seasons of up to 86 games, with the expansion of the FIFA Club World Cup and a bigger UEFA Champions League group stage.

The congested fixture list leaves players with little space for rest and recovery with FIFA yet to grant union demands for a mandatory 28-day off-season break.

Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Maheta Molango told Sky News: "I feel like we've reached a stage where people are ready to take legal action, where people are ready to take tangible action on the pitch to try to resolve it, because it's a sad state of affairs.

"I think it's a defeat for football when the players need to take the justice in their own hands because they don't feel protected."

https://news.sky.com/story/football...on-over-increasing-number-of-matches-13039121

Never forget the biased bastards...

FB_IMG_1506811098634.jpg

Had he signed for any redshirt club at the time we all know the headline would've been way different and he'd have rightly been hyped up, was proper buzzing at the prospect of him signing as watched him plenty while he was at Wolfsburg, to say he was absolutely amazing is an understatement he was very easily the best player in the league.

What you want & are able to do are two different things. Without international football, I doubt we'd hear a peep.

International matches & European football isn't an issue to most players in the lower half of the PL & in the lower leagues.

It's those at the very top who're expected to perform at the highest level 3 times per week which is unsustainable imo, & it's reaching breaking point.

View attachment 104049

Football players are threatening legal action over the increasing match demands placed on their bodies with new and expanding competitions, their union has told Sky News.​

The Professional Footballers' Association says some top clubs face seasons of up to 86 games, with the expansion of the FIFA Club World Cup and a bigger UEFA Champions League group stage.

The congested fixture list leaves players with little space for rest and recovery with FIFA yet to grant union demands for a mandatory 28-day off-season break.

Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Maheta Molango told Sky News: "I feel like we've reached a stage where people are ready to take legal action, where people are ready to take tangible action on the pitch to try to resolve it, because it's a sad state of affairs.

"I think it's a defeat for football when the players need to take the justice in their own hands because they don't feel protected."

https://news.sky.com/story/football...on-over-increasing-number-of-matches-13039121
They should take legal action I would support them as long as they don't place their international careers before the club football and club fans get to just watch their players play internationals.

This situation is more nuanced than it looks on the surface, apart from the whinging Klopp does every year you hear very little from players unless they are well into the start of the end of their careers (Gundo recently).

Seriously it's very hard to get behind someone who isn't prepared to say no when they have all the power.

View attachment 104050

Had he signed for any redshirt club at the time we all know the headline would've been way different and he'd have rightly been hyped up, was proper buzzing at the prospect of him signing as watched him plenty while he was at Wolfsburg, to say he was absolutely amazing is an understatement he was very easily the best player in the league.
I wonder what the headline was when Chelsea reject salad went to the dippers.

View attachment 104050

Wonder what the cunts think now the soft arses.World class player who has won everything domestically in England, Europe and the World at Club level.
Two idiots together there in Big Nose (Knows) Nowt Thompson and the ex Drug Baron.

They should take legal action I would support them as long as they don't place their international careers before the club football and club fans get to just watch their players play internationals.

This situation is more nuanced than it looks on the surface, apart from the whinging Klopp does every year you hear very little from players unless they are well into the start of the end of their careers (Gundo recently).

Seriously it's very hard to get behind someone who isn't prepared to say no when they have all the power.
You should do a little reading up on player unions in US-based sport; very interesting stuff. Read about seasons shutting down mid-season, replacement players/umpires, abusive owners, sanctioned racism (esp. in baseball).

I don’t understand how it can be easy to create collective action — whether players or club owners — in a truly international game with nearly infinite possibilities league-wise and club-wise, with the major leagues not “closed circuit” leagues like in the US, which are basically protected monopolies.

Would you support a wholesale player strike for fewer matches if it shut down the Prem mid-year? I bet the owners/governing bodies of football would bet fans would blame the players 100%.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.