Newcastle United (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Man City boss Pep Guardiola to TNT Sports: "They had moments in first ten minutes and after their goal, but in general we played really good.

"We made bad decisions at the last minute to make it 2-0. It is always difficult here with their physicality and they defend so deep. We had chances but [Nick] Pope was brilliant so we take the point.

"When we scored we played better. We make a mistake and after they play better. But then we take the game again and had chances to win it.

On Mateo Kovacic and Rico Lewis: "Mateo was brilliant, Rico too. Bernardo played there. Really good."

I think Walker has had a really poor start to the season and he didnt look particularly good today either, but us not winning today's game is certainly not on him.
Yeah I'm worried he might be "finished" and that it could be a problem going forward with him being the captain and demanding minutes, but let's keep the critique sensible. Many players struggled today, not just Walker.
Has he had a poor start, really. Apart from the corner against Arsenal, where he shouldn't have been the one to mark Gabriel, what has he done wrong?

Man City boss Pep Guardiola to TNT Sports: "They had moments in first ten minutes and after their goal, but in general we played really good.

"We made bad decisions at the last minute to make it 2-0. It is always difficult here with their physicality and they defend so deep. We had chances but [Nick] Pope was brilliant so we take the point.

"When we scored we played better. We make a mistake and after they play better. But then we take the game again and had chances to win it.

On Mateo Kovacic and Rico Lewis: "Mateo was brilliant, Rico too. Bernardo played there. Really good."
if you read his book,he always compliments when he's angry and
attacks when we have cruised to a win.

I’m not sure how calling Doku an average signing is writing him off. I’m just saying it as I see it. Don’t forget, he cost £50 million and was the replacement for Mahrez and Palmer.

We both agree he has the attributes, he just needs to start showing it on a consistent basis.
Maybe the issue is that you are focusing on a guy who came on as a sub when there are bigger points to look at. Doku isn't an issue to how well we will play this season...neither is Savihno.....the issue will be the central midfield positions and maybe rightback......so it's a bit weird that you want to come on here and focus on doku.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.