Newcastle United (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

To be honest I think we're probably doing a bit better than I thought we would. Coming off the back of the Euro's and with a few injuries to contend with.

Rodri's loss is huge and if a top player is available in his position we have to go for him. It could be two years before he's back to his best if he ever is. We definitely need a back up striker as at the moment nobody is chipping in with goals.

Hopefully Kev, Foden and Gundogan can get fit and firing as we are going to need them. Bobb coming back will be a big plus too.

He's correct, the explanation was that var didn't see enough evidence to overturn the refs decision, how many camera angles do they want. Rodri elbowed in the face last week and they apparently didn't have a camera angle to pick up that incident in the centre of the field, so what is the point of var if they are not going to correct something that is blatantly unjust.

But that's weird, they don't have to overturn his decision. In fact, they can't. They can invite him to come to the monitor. He can stand by his original decision, if he's not convinced. That can never be repeated often enough.

I don't think either team was shite. I don't think either team was particularly good. We were bang average. Newcastle were bang average. Pretty fair result. A late goal from us would have been a deep dig and Bernardo placing his shot slightly differently would have been one of the moments of the season but pffft. Early days the season has barely started. A point away to Newcastle is not bad result at all.
Agree with this. Very reasoned, measured response.

Pep will be fucked off with the decision making from Gundo to make it 2-0. Away from home you are always going to suffer with only a goal advantage. That would have killed the game and allowed us to manage it a lot better, potentially winning comfortably.

Instead we fail to take advantage and it costs us ultimately. You don't get many gifts at this level, but that opportunity from Pope had to be punished. Haaland was the ball all day long and Gundo will know it. I'm sure Pep will be telling him.

However, a point is okay. Nothing to panic about. One of the toughest games of the season without two key players. Not a disaster.

Then don’t go in there ffs instead of complaining all the time.
Good idea , I stopped years ago makes football far more enjoyable. Rookie error today though forgot the early team news and forgot to get out before the team news and all the loons arrived before I was out.

Hard point but one well earned. The message seems to be out to bully us now Rodri is out.

What a shock they are all in for.

Come on Blues!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.