Newcastle United (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

It was probably one big game too many in a short period of time. Inter, Arsenal and Newcastle away in 10 days is a big ask.

The standards slipped, far too passive, but we needed a bit of luck today. Second goal would have killed it but we chose poorly or did not complete the final pass.

Players like Foden, Walker, Gundog, Grealish, Stones are still not match sharp and yet we’re still unbeaten and above our main rival.

Feels like 2 points dropped now but might feel like a point gained later on in the season

Maybe 1-1 fair result
Maybe it was a pen ( I don't see how)
But why not go to VAR ? Good game by the way
The pen I’m not going to debate, I haven’t actually seen a replay, however I’ve grown up with the defence from the officials that ‘intent is enough’ being used as a reason to fuck my club over, and over by diving players.
It was checked by VAR I believe, but we had 2 other shouts for a penalty that the commentators said immediately had been checked, and cleared. I mean we have all seen how long VAR takes, so you know.

As for the result, I’ll say what I said on our forum. It was one of those games where if we had lost, we would have had to just hold our hands up and say you guys have the better players and that’s likely always going to be the difference. If we won we could have said we fought and performed well to do so.
A draw means both teams can go away, and say it was a deserved result.
I’m massively pleased with our performance, in all our games so far we have been 2nd best, despite the results. As I said in my opening post, if we play like we did today against other opposition, we’ll bounce some teams.

Aside from games against us, good luck for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
The pen I’m not going to debate, I’ve grown up with the defence of the officials that ‘intent is enough’ is used as a reason to fuck my club over and over by diving players.
It was checked by VAR I believe, but we had 2 other shouts for a penalty that the commentators said immediately had been checked, and cleared. I mean we have all seen how long VAR takes, so you know.

As for the result, I’ll say what I said on our forum. It was one of those games where if we had lost, we would have had to just hold our hands up and say you guys have the better players and that’s likely always going to be the difference. If we won we could have said we fought and performed well to do so.
I’m massively pleased with our performance, in all our games so far we have been 2nd best, despite the results. As I said in my opening post, if we play like we did today against other opposition, we’ll bounce some teams.

Well said Chris

I think it was the right call to play Walker against Newcastle and he did well I thought. But not sure about Rico solely as a midfielder. At the moment he seems better moving into midfield from RB.

Newcastle were quite physical but if Gundo hadn't been so clumsy I reckon we win at a canter.

Jack played well and think him and Savinho are first choice.
Midfield 3 Kova Bernie and Foden
Bernardo needs to start doing a lot more in terms of assists and goals. For a supposed attacking player his stats are poor even though we all love him to bits

The pen I’m not going to debate, I haven’t actually seen a replay, however I’ve grown up with the defence from the officials that ‘intent is enough’ being used as a reason to fuck my club over, and over by diving players.

Good to have decent rival fans on here, cheers Chris!

Quite a few similarities with the 2-3 victory we enjoyed in January. We only just coped with their physicality but struggled to hold a line against them then and struggled with Gordon’s pace; Walker was culpable in both games. We were the better team in both second halves, but a notable difference today was that they retreated much deeper this time and gave us precious little space between the lines. Last time, Rodri and de Bruyne could drop deeper to draw them out and have space to run into. The late chances for Foden, Haaland, and Bernardo today had to be fashioned in a packed box, and I suspect that is something we will see even more of this year. Better start practising shooting in the corners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.