Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

You've literally posted a picture where his studs are pointing down FFS.

It's high, yes, but it's not studs up.
It’s not about the studs. It’s about it being a knee high lunge at a player who is in full flow. If that isn’t a red card I dont know what is.

i was watching the referee looking at the monitor and it actually looked worse in slow mo. He was clearly instructed to change his decision. Every time the ref goes to the monitor the decision is reversed. Who is really making the decisions?

Last edited:
You've literally posted a picture where his studs are pointing down FFS.

It's high, yes, but it's not studs up.
Whether his studies are up or down is really irrelevant. Lots of other things have to be taken into consideration. It was a tackle out of control, Both feet up off the ground, The boot was high into the knee, No intention of playing the ball...

You don't need to stick your studs into an opponents knee to do damage. KDB could have easily had his cruciate done with a tackle like that.

Shocking tackle. Blatant red

Newcastle played as well as they're going to all season. We did well in the end to come back for the point and still looked like the only team that was going on to win it if anyone did.

Was a little surprised when the ref pulled out the red card card but was even more so when it was rescinded by VAR. Think the VAR ref must have been listening to the Sky commentators to make his decision before informing the on-field one to change it to yellow. The sooner those conversations are made public the better (not that that's ever going to happen).

I know Pep doesn't like to make late changes to upset the rhythm when the team is dominating but a couple of ours looked out on their feet with 10mins to go.

It’s not about the studs. It’s about it being a knee high lunge at a player who is in full flow. If that isn’t a red card I dont know what is.

i was watching the referee looking at the monitor and it actually looked worse in slow mo. He wax clearly instructed to change his decision. Every time the ref goes to the monitor the decision is reversed. Who is really making the decisions?
It’s also about force. There was none.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.