Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Eddie Howe pre-match dressing room talk:

Remember what Jack Grealish said at thier parade lads?....right, well go out there and give me a performance!

We should have been better prepared for that performance, the team set-up was wrong...we move on, Palace won't be easy of the team selection is off.

Thought we looked dis jointed today, playing inverted wingers today almost cost us, Walker coming inside left asm to have a field day.
We need to be playing more to Haalands strength which is running onto through balls, we're playing too tight/tally and slow for him.
Phils not at his best but form is temporary.
We can use 5 subs but Pep choosing not too.
Today was 2 points lost, but fair play to the geordies, they had a game plan stuck to it and caused us a lot of problems.

MyThoughts from the game.
1. Pep has changed the system..seems strange but I bow to his far superior knowledge.Not sure Kyle is up to his new role.
2.We need a pacey left winger, am not sure that is the best role for Phil or even Jack .
3.Substitutes..again do not understand, but there must be some logic for Pep to do this.
4.Ake has been great, shame about the injury..Stones is injured far too frequently and takes a few games to get up to pace.
5.We really miss Dave and his incisive passing.
6. Bernardo will be a big loss if he goes.

A great game, good to get the point, CTID.
Bernardo is not going

I noticed VAR didn’t show the ref Trippier change his focus and look at KDBs leg…
Live i thought it was a yellow but after the replay it’s clear red - off the ground, out of control, studs showing and he targeted KDBs leg

Still 3-3 was a fair result all in and id have taken that at 3-1 when we were dead and buried

Got our tactics horribly wrong in the first half
It's pretty bloody obvious that if our two full backs are really narrow and we lose the ball, the wide areas are hugely exposed. Newcastle to their credit made the most of that with their most dangerous player
The red card should have stood. There wasn't enough evidence to change it, especially when the referee was five yards away with a perfect view and saw it in real time
Great fightback from us, but I'm very disappointed with those hopeful lobs into the penalty area at the end
We're much better than that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.