Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Pep needs to stop fucking around with systems for every game? In the first half walker going into central midfield was a complete mess and we had no outlet balls on at times and when pressured gave up easy possession for them to counter us. We also look so unfit??

I'm pretty sure pep knew what Haalands game was before we bought him. Sometimes it can be a liability having an out and out forward player tracking back. Remember Jesus in the Derby a couple of years ago.
I saw an interview with Pep recently where he said he wants Haaland to be higher up the pitch than fully track back

Guys one question.. Did we miss Jack Grealish today ? :D
no
He would have got their crowd going even more. There was a lot of talk about him before the game due to his taking the piss moment out of Almiron on our victory parade...they were very hyped up about giving him stick etc and their crown definitely played a part today so no i dont thiknk we missed him at all

MyThoughts from the game.
1. Pep has changed the system..seems strange but I bow to his far superior knowledge.Not sure Kyle is up to his new role.
2.We need a pacey left winger, am not sure that is the best role for Phil or even Jack .
3.Substitutes..again do not understand, but there must be some logic for Pep to do this.
4.Ake has been great, shame about the injury..Stones is injured far too frequently and takes a few games to get up to pace.
5.We really miss Dave and his incisive passing.
6. Bernardo will be a big loss if he goes.

A great game, good to get the point, CTID.

Why complain for 5 subs and not use any? We are putting ourselves at a serious disadvantage when other clubs are using their subs to keep their players fresh and we aren’t.

I imagine Pep didn't use substitutions because he felt he had his best side on the pitch and the reserves will be playing a friendly in Barcelona on Wednesday so don't need game time to get up to speed.

This is a tactic we saw extensively in the later stage of the last 2 seasons, Pep would rather give player 1 90 minutes on Saturday and player 2 90 minutes on Wednesday then start player 1 in 2 games in 3 days and have player 2 get 2 sub appearances.

we have had players red carded for high tackles and winning the ball

remember the Derby.

What was the clear and obvious error in play ?

Where the Ref was positioned it was a straight Red.

So are we playing the game to the VAR booth 360 degree,multi camera interpretation now.

Appeals are for rectifying Red Card mistakes not in game.

My opinion it was mot clear and obvious at that moment in time.

I can not remember this happening before.it is us though they make the rules up as they go along,like with Hand Ball.

I guarantee next week a player will be Red Carded instead of a Yellow in game,VAR will not get involved by undermining the Ref.And VAR will say it was not clear and obvious. VAR just another level of corruption we are usually on the end of.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.