Newcastle United (a) pre-match thread

Newcastle United (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk of a slow midfield ect I wanted Phil to start today, But with all this talk of the midfield I think were all about to see a David Silva masterclass :)

Really looking forward to this one although I am still observing my abstention with regards to actually being there. The wife has gone out and wont be back for some time so I'll be sat here in the peace and quiet shouting at the telly singing songs and upsetting the neighbours.

4-1 to City and a couple of spilled brews.

This game won't be about pace. Newcastle will sit so deep that it'll be about clever intricate play
If Newcastle sit off us we'll be OK. If they choose to press us higher up the pitch then our midfield will have problems. Individually we know all our players are quality but we've got a low intensity midfield.

Maybe Pep thinks he'll use Foden against Burnley, but it's always the next game and he never starts. I know Pep knows what he's doing but as a fan I'm seeing City's midfield intensity drop, and Foden seems to be a ready-made answer to this.

Really looking forward to this one although I am still observing my abstention with regards to actually being there. The wife has gone out and wont be back for some time so I'll be sat here in the peace and quiet shouting at the telly singing songs and upsetting the neighbours.

4-1 to City and a couple of spilled brews.
Fingers crossed mate.

All this talk of a slow midfield ect I wanted Phil to start today, But with all this talk of the midfield I think were all about to see a David Silva masterclass :)
Hopefully. If Newcastle defend the penalty area, as they have in the past, then that will be his game.

I agree.

He played a huge part in those 14 wins in a row in defensive midfield. He was probably the most consistent player in our whole team, not just midfield, in the second half of last season.

And he made a big difference when he came on against Chelsea the other day.

In his time with us so far, while he’s looked alright in patches, Rodri has been caught in possession and given the ball away too much or because of both of those things doesn’t have the courage to play the forward passes we need from that position.

Gundo will make those passes.
A lot was made of our relatively low possession % against Chelsea, I’d be interested in a breakdown pre Gundog comin on and post. He got on the ball, made his little passes and calmed us right down.

Rodri is young for that position and needs time to grow into it and to get used to the prem. Atthe moment he’s more javi garcia than Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.