Newcastle United (a) pre-match thread

Newcastle United (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, agree with most of that. Really feels like he should change things around on Saturday, but I’m not convinced he will. There will be rotation, of course, with Walker, Stones, Mendy, Silva and Mahrez all likely to return to the starting XI. Don’t think he’ll address the elephant in the room though, which is the giant hole in midfield that has been created by playing Fernandinho at centre half.
I think even if Laporte was fit it’d be Dinho and Laporte at the back. Pep is stubborn and when he’s bought Rodri and got the board to give Gundo a new contract then one of them two is always going to be the 6.

Agree but before Laporte got injured Dinho wasn't starting anyway in midfield.
I like rodders and thought he was settling in really well,then he got injured,rushed back for the dipper game and hasn't been right since,if i could ask pep one thing it would be rest him for a game,try dinho in front of nico and john and see what happens,it's seems obvious to me that rodders is not the prob so much as having gundy with him,even worse when he plays dave in a 3,sometimes i just don't get what he is seeing

I think even if Laporte was fit it’d be Dinho and Laporte at the back. Pep is stubborn and when he’s bought Rodri and got the board to give Gundo a new contract then one of them two is always going to be the 6.
Yeah, you may well be right. Think he’s invested a fair bit of time on the training pitch getting Fernandinho to play as a centre-half which makes sense, given his age, and can’t see him reverting for a short-term fix. Shame though, as he’s still comfortably our best holding midfielder. Pity we can’t clone him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.