Newcastle United (A) - Sat 13th Jan, 17:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joelinton is a massive loss for them he is the engine in their midfield.

They'll have Bruno.G, Longstaff and Miley. We should dicate the game on Saturday and hopefully find the net a few times.

I'm very confident going into this game.

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Ake
Gvardiol
Kovacic
Rodri
Bernardo
Doku
Foden
Alvarez

Kev, Haaland & Grealish to come on if needed.

I personally think Erling was being saved for this game to be honest. There was no need for him to play against Huddersfield and that extra week and training sessions etc should have him starting on Saturday

Joelinton is a massive loss for them he is the engine in their midfield.

They'll have Bruno.G, Longstaff and Miley. We should dicate the game on Saturday and hopefully find the net a few times.

I'm very confident going into this game.

Has Joelington's absence been officially confirmed, though? It has been suggested by journalists.

He was reffing the cup match there last September ...

Referee: Chris Kavanagh.
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Neil Davies. Fourth official: Tim Robinson. VAR: Peter Bankes. Assistant VAR: Simon Long.

I was looking at some referee stats for various PL referee's, over all their matches in charge of leading PL clubs, over all seasons, with significant differences between officials.

At City Pep has an average win % of 72%, at Liverpool Klopp has 61%, at Utd Ten Hag and Ole Gunnar Solskjær together approximately 55%.

However for Chris Kavanagh, (the Newcastle ref this weekend), we have a win percentage of only 56%, (9 matches), Liverpool have a remarkable 81%, (16 matches), Chelsea also have a very high 75%, (12 matches), Spurs have 69%, (13 matches), Utd, 54% (12 matches) and Arsenal, 50%, (18 matches).
Considering our considerable success over many seasons this win % seems remarkably low!

With Michael Oliver, (a referee that I thought doesn't particularly seem to like us?), We have figures more like you would expect: City 77%, (44 matches), Liverpool 47%, (53 matches), Chelsea 48%, (42 matches), Utd 41%, (41 matches), Spurs 56%, (41 matches) and Arsenal 56%, (43 matches).

With Anthony Taylor, a referee City fans pretty universally regard as hating us and favouring Utd, City have a similar, very low, win % stats to Kavanagh 55%, (33 matches), whereas not surprisingly Utd have the highest win % of the top clubs 58%, (40 matches), Liverpool 56%, (33 matches), Chelsea, 46%, (37 matches), Spurs 56%, (41 matches) and Arsenal 56%, (43 matches).

I had known about Anthony Taylor's obvious bias, Pep clearly knows it, and Taylor finds it hard not to smile when he gives decisions against us, like sending off Rodri!

However Kavanagh's stats, (Liverpool up 20% and City down 16%), seem concerning and as distorted as Taylor's!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.