Newcastle United (A) - Sat 13th Jan, 17:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to show up. If we don't, we will lose. Hopefully, Newcastle will play more like against AC Milan (naive) and not like against PSG at home. That being said, if we bring our A or even B game, we will win.

We need to show up. If we don't, we will lose. Hopefully, Newcastle will play more like against AC Milan (naive) and not like against PSG at home. That being said, if we bring our A or even B game, we will win.

Never Underestimate Newcastle at their ground with their crazy fans, Forget KDB and Doku being back and maybe Haaland on the bench, We have to fight and brave the battle and the atmosphere because they will truly be up for this and want our scalp

Also, don't listen to the media hype about turning the corner; this is the time of year City just turns up and wins.
It's the bloody hard yards in training and the mental fight plus the preparation to details by everybody that gets the rewards,

So first, show up and earn the right to win, Just get the job done and bring the 3 points home

I have no idea how reliable it is, but I saw someone mention that Grealish hasn't been in full training. I think missing Akanji's pace at the back is a bigger worry for me. Although, I do find myself missing Grealish when he's not out there despite being frustrating at times. If Doku is ready to start- I'd go with him, but I think Bobb can and will do a job for us wherever he gets played. He looked good on the left versus Sheffield United.

-------------Ederson--------------
Walker---Dias---Ake---Gvaridol
---------Rodri------Nunes--------
---------------Foden--------------
Bernardo-----Alvarez-----Bobb

Playing against us and playing against PSG is not comparable , PSG are a bunch lightweight mercenaries and when the chips are down they crumble , we always show up and give 100% and fight , if we lose on the day it will not be down to lack of effort or not showing up.

BBC website today is referring to this game as "El Cashico." Very original.

For me Newcastle v. City is forever a reminder of my first football match, the Cup Final in '55 and City losing 3-1. I'd prefer a repeat of 2012 when YaYa scored twice in a 2-0 win and Micah Richards made a great block to prevent a goal.

Was hoping that we’d have Haaland on the bench for this, but that’s looking unlikely now if reports that he didn’t train yesterday are true. Would be a blow if Grealish is unavailable too.

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Ake
Gvardiol
Rodri
Kovacic
Bernardo
Foden
Doku/Bobb
Alvarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.