Newcastle United (A) - Sat 13th Jan, 17:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the lineup but I'm a bit surprised to see Doku starting. I know Grealish can be frustrating, but I do find myself wishing he was starting when he isn't. Need Doku to work hard and help Gvaridol out with Almiron.

I don't mind Kovacic over Nunes but I do think Nunes's legs could have been useful in a game that will have a lot of transitional moments.
Jacko coming back from illness….

Best team we could realistically put out and always a bit more excited to watch us when Doku starts.

Still a very strong team from Newcastle despite their injuries. Their front three in particular is very talented.

Won't be easy this but three points here would really send a message to Liverpool.

Newcastle players are due a burn out they play the same players every week and are suffering big time . There bench is league 2 level , great opportunity for us tonight !
CTID

I like the lineup but I'm a bit surprised to see Doku starting. I know Grealish can be frustrating, but I do find myself wishing he was starting when he isn't. Need Doku to work hard and help Gvaridol out with Almiron.

I don't mind Kovacic over Nunes but I do think Nunes's legs could have been useful in a game that will have a lot of transitional moments.
Grealish was unwell in the week which is likely why he isn’t starting. I think he would have done otherwise, he’s a better all-round player than Doku, particularly defensively.

That said one day Pep might actually start them both, I’m still flummoxed as to why Doku had never played on the wing he’s actually played most on.

Think Newcastle have still managed to put out a decent enough line up all things considered.

Not surprised Kev is on the bench, think we have enough fit players not to risk him straight off. Especially with Phil and Alvarez in form.

Hope Walker has his head fully in the game today!

Think we’ll win 2-1.

I’ve been a member of this forum for four months and at this point I could write the match day thread.

1) Commentators are shit
2) Doku cooks compared to $100m Grealish
3) FFS Kova, Nunes, Gvardiol (see also: window was a complete failure)
4) It’s over for us
5) Pep is done (see also at 60 min: does he know we have subs)
6) Rodri is tired
7) “clear red card”
8) “zzzzzzzz”
9) “Player X is shit” followed immediately by assist by Player X
10) Really missing Gundo, Palmer, Laporte

Did I cover it all?
Far too upbeat.

Good to see Phillips back in his usual position ;-)

trying-not-to-laugh-zoom-in.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.