Newcastle United (A) - Sat 13th Jan, 17:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw Akanji and Stones were the only ones not training today (light training it said). Gvardiol is in the media shots today looking like he’s doing some kind of upper body band work (as others are doing) so probably fine?
Probably nothing then, but was definitely holding his shoulder at the end of yesterdays game, good sign if he’s training

-------------Ederson-------------
Walker---Dias--Ake---Gvaridol
---------Rodri-----Nunes--------
--------------Foden--------------
Bernie-----Alvarez-----Doku---

A fixture that will show where City are at the moment. A win will sent out a statement to the other title challengers. A loss or a draw will mean nothing really has changed from the first half of the season where points were dropped to every decent side.

It wasn't a good performance in the Carabao Cup and they did get shafted in the Champions League vs PSG. However they have had few shocking performances in December and we are nearly at full strength. It is going to be a tricky game and probably just not quite cohesive at this stage so a draw is likely.
They were wank against PSG. Whilst it was a never a penalty, no one would have thought PSG were over rewarded if it’s had finished 5-1.

Looking forward to this, especially as we look to be starting to play well.

I won't underestimate Newcastle though, they're still a decent side even though their form has been poor, they'll be up for this because its us and they're coming off the back of dumping their rivals out of the cup, so their spirits might be up after looking like they've been running on fumes for a bit.

A nice early goal to knock the stuffing out of them and we should be OK.

I'm not at all confident with our defensive performances lately that we'll be able to keep a clean sheet. Reluctanly. I am calling a draw on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.