Newcastle United (A) - Sat 13th Jan, 17:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There wasn't a matchday thread on toontastic, so i started one called "The greatest team of all time to come from the North East versus Officially the greatest in the land and all the world" with this image attached. I may get lynched but its only a bit of fun.

Attachments

• toontastic.png
    toontastic.png
    393 KB · Views: 103
He was, it was on the latest episode of inside city on the city app.

All that footage is from last week, with the final gym footage from Monday, after the Huddersfield match. That episode doesn’t include training from Wednesday or yesterday.

I hope my occasional reminiscences of City matches long ago against the current opposition are of interest? Refutation of idiots who say w have no history.

City v Newcastle.

My first memory is of the 1955 cup final which I only saw on black and white TV.

Bobby Mitchell scored the first goal with a header from a corner. Newcastle friends tell me it was the only time he headed the ball perhaps explaining why he was unmarked. Later, Jimmy Meadows was carried off with a Knee Injury with no substitutes allowed.

A happier memory was St James`s Park in 1968 when City won the League with United ( covered by BBC) lost at home to Sunderland, Remember all City 4 goals but understandably little else inc the journey home.

Was at Wembley in 1976 when City won the League cup with the Tuert overhead.

Walked for miles to find a pub that was open.

1977 saw Colin Bell`s rapturous return at half time after a long injury. Inspired City to turn no-score at HT to a 4-0 win.

I knew it wasn't great, but It's surprising to read we've only managed 4/14 wins since the beginning of last year away from home versus top-half teams. I fear this is going to be quite a tricky one. We've put ourselves in a position where the reality is that a draw would already be a pretty poor result for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.