Newcastle United (A) - Sat 28th Sept, 12:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
That’s the spirit …

Yes we are without Rodri who hasn’t played a lot yet and seemed not at his very best. Yet we won all our games except the one with Rodri. Just saying.

Yes we are without KdB. So were we last season for 5 months. We did pretty ok.

Yes we are without the trustworthy luitenant Ake. Imho Gvardiol is an even better stand in and we have Stones coming back.

Yes we are without Oscar Bob who had bern brilliant preseason. Not sure he would’ve started today though.

It’s gonna be tough but we are more than able to put out a strong 11 man team that can snatch 3 points. It’s still early days as well.
Sorry it’s just a feeling, normally I’m very positive

I'm still seldom optimistic with City !
Think it's due to the Piccadilly Radio football programme days, when they used to have a jingle stating "Oh No", whenever a Greater Manchester team conceded a goal.
They regularly then went to the City game where the commentator (Brian Clarke ?), would describe the opposition's latest wonder goal.
Think City will win 3-1 today though...

Can see why the group make Walker captain because you listen to him about the incident when he was out of position because of the referee he talks with a lot of sense! Problem is on the pitch he can have a great game but still at fault for a goal

The thing what you are doing is feeding off the negativity of the press and focusing on whats missing rather than whats there, yes we are missing kdb and rodri but what we do have is the best striker in the world, the current footballer of the year, bernardo silva who is one of the most criminally underrated players in world football, a croatioan who is a 4 time cl and double pl winner, mr whippy, 2 massively exciting wingers, 3 out of the 4 defence that won a trouble and one of best defensive talents in world football added to that , oh and the best manager in world football to boot.

Thats not to say we cant lose a game but my god put some respect on whats there also.

I'm still seldom optimistic with City !
Think it's due to the Piccadilly Radio football programme days, when they used to have a jingle stating "Oh No", whenever a Greater Manchester team conceded a goal.
They regularly then went to the City game where the commentator (Brian Clarke ?), would describe the opposition's latest wonder goal.
Think City will win 3-1 today though...
Scarred us FOCs for life that, didn't it..?!

I think people should prepare themselves mentally for a bit of a rocky period. Pep is the world's best coach, without question, but even he does not have a Harry Potter wand. He's going to have to put a new system in place, and it will start today.
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we drew today. Even a loss is not completely off the cards. Arsenal and Liverpool could draw away from us somewhat (once things are running smoothly, we could certainly catch them. We do that).
Let's not overreact, eh?

Last edited:
Gundo masterclass incoming. 2-0 City.

Ederson, Walker, Akanji, Dias, Gvardiol, Kovacic, Gundogan, Bernardo, Grealish, Savinho, Haaland.

I think people should prepare themselves mentally for a bit of a rocky period. Pep is the world's best coach, without question, but even he does not have a Harry Potter wand. He's going to have to put a new system in place, and it will start today.
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we drew today. Even a loss is not completely off the cards. Arsenal and Liverpool could draw away from us somewhat (once things are running smoothly, we could certainly catch them. We do that).
Let's not overreact, eh?

We have played without Rodri all season, apart from the first part of the last game. How's this game different than the first 4?

On their day, especially at home, Newcastle can give anyone a game, but we are better than them all over the pitch, so if we turn up we have a good chance of beating them.

Even with the players missing we still have the better team. Fancy us to win 2 0. Players will want to put down a marker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.