Newcastle United (A) - Sun 19th Dec, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Few are saying they cant....some are saying they play better in other combo's.
well that is obvious logic, anyone without the other would have more freedom but that not mean they are not better together. Two of them together is better than one of them alone. the sum of the parts is better than each part alone

Quite impressed with Howe's selection , its either brave or naive , i suspect the latter , maybe trying getting the crowd behind them with a high press start , we need to keep the ball away from them for the first ten minutes impose our game and start racking up the goals
If we get a convincing victory will watch the Spuds game to enjoy Klippety squriming.

Quite an attacking lineup from Newcastle.
If I haven't missed anything (please correct me if I have), it's basically the approach they've been adopting since the Arsenal match (Howe's first on the bench). Seems the manager has made his final decisions in terms of formation and strategy.

A lot to comment here, but let's wait for confirmation on the pitch...

Quite impressed with Howe's selection , its either brave or naive , i suspect the latter , maybe trying getting the crowd behind them with a high press start , we need to keep the ball away from them for the first ten minutes impose our game and start racking up the goals
If we get a convincing victory will watch the Spuds game to enjoy Klippety squriming.
I would say very naive

Liverpool will dispose of them easily enough. Spurs are lightweight, and mentally iffy. If they go one or two down early, they'll fold.

well that is obvious logic, anyone without the other would have more freedom but that not mean they are not better together. Two of them together is better than one of them alone. the sum of the parts is better than each part alone

They cannot play together mantra is as old as the hills.
Two seasons ago it was Rodri and Gundogan.
It is a bandwagon a certain type of football fan likes to jump on.

They've been in the squad for 5 years now and you can count the number of times they've played as the pair of 8s on one hand.

There's obviously a reason for that but Gundogan's form with his ongoing back injury hasn't been good enough to keep playing ahead of both, so now is their chance to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.