Newcastle United (H) | FA Cup | Post Match Thread

I don’t understand the tactics. We’ve got two CB’s in Walker and Gvaridol playing more or less as wingers, the former not having an attacking bone in his body. Our striker needs service on top of that. Despite this highly conservative approach from Pep, we’re still conceding goals for fun—shoutout to Akanji and Foden, who I thought were brilliant. Doku as well.
I don’t understand what you mean about us conceding goals for fun…. We won 2-0 and didn’t concede a goal for fun or otherwise.

They scored inside the first minute and then we played with 10 men for seventy minutes after Jimmy Meadows was stretchered off. It's that match in '55 which was the start of the longest grudge I've had. Saw the game on a seven inch telly and every time we whack 'em - like today - just reduces the payback by a gram.

Haaland has probably not been in a game where he has been constantly battered, often without getting a free kick. One of the ones in the first half was pretty similar to how Laporte got sent off v Palace. Erling was 75% past the defender and gets dragged down.

I thought Hooper delivered his usual level of expertise characterised by a mix of indifference and ineptitude.
Second booking for Botman the easiest decision of the game in the first half. Never came.

very well played. Controlled and effective. That's the way to do it

The referee was a definite shittake mushroom tonight. His control was non-existent, I offered him my optician’s appointment on Wednesday because he needs it.

Every City player deserved a MOTM award, they were great and never gave up.
Barcodes were a disgrace to football at times. Howe just doesn’t seem to give them much in the way of encouragement really.

However, we did it, we did it again. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.