Newcastle United (H) | FA Cup | Post Match Thread

The energy was really good, probably down to the 6 days rest. No mid-week off till the end of the season if we get past the CL quarter-finals.

Same here but we won in 56. We were the first on our road to have a TV . We had a houseful crowded round a 14 inch black and white hazy picture.
I was 10 years old. In the garden with my football at half time pretending I was Bobby Johnstone.

It is amazing that we now have a player called John Stones!

The energy was really good, probably down to the 6 days rest. No mid-week off till the end of the season if we get past the CL quarter-finals.
I was so impressed by our quality of passing, that I didn’t realise it was bucketing down out there on the pitch.

I don’t understand the tactics. We’ve got two CB’s in Walker and Gvaridol playing more or less as wingers, the former not having an attacking bone in his body. Our striker needs service on top of that. Despite this highly conservative approach from Pep, we’re still conceding goals for fun—shoutout to Akanji and Foden, who I thought were brilliant. Doku as well.
Walker is not a centre back ffs.

Despite a disappointed endproduct from different angels, we totally bossed them with some of our passes simply awesome.

I’d say a convincing deserved victory that gives us yet another trip to Wembley. I wonder eversince we beat the rags in 2011, how often have we been at Wembley compared to any of the former so-called top 4.
Let’s hope we will be adding at least 3 more this season. 1 coming up …

Despite a disappointed endproduct from different angels, we totally bossed them with some of our passes simply awesome.

I’d say a convincing deserved victory that gives us yet another trip to Wembley. I wonder eversince we beat the rags in 2011, how often have we been at Wembley compared to any of the former so-called top 4.
Let’s hope we will be adding at least 3 more this season. 1 coming up …
We have since that game had 4 finals, 7 semi-finals and 6 charity shields. Not too shabby.

I was 10 years old. In the garden with my football at half time pretending I was Bobby Johnstone.

It is amazing that we now have a player called John Stones!
You and 'nellyonthewing' have just transported me back to the mid/late 50s!

My first ever memory is of being 3 years old and being plonked down in front of this strange looking box thing in the corner of our neighbour Mrs Lilley's sitting room and being told to 'try and find your Dad on the television'.. he was in the crowd at the 1956 FA Cup final with various uncles of mine! Mrs Lilley was always what Marketeers describe as an 'early adopter' when it came to TVs, telephones, radiograms and the like!

Then a few years later when I was 7 years old and just got into my primary school team in Hulme, I used to practice 'flying headers' on one of the few bits of grass we had around our way while imagining I was Bobby Johnstone scoring against Newcastle!

And also, as you say elsewhere, it's amazing that we've got the squad of players we have now, including the imperious John Stones! Watching these lads put on performances like last night against Toon is SUCH a privilege.

Going to the ground each week knowing we're about to witness such awesome stuff from Rodri, De Bruyne, Bernard, Foden, Haaland.. all of them in fact(!!).. is beyond any of the wildest dreams I ever imagined as a kid about my team, my club.

Astonishing levels of performance each and every game that this squad contends with. Just enjoy it, fellow Blues!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.