Newcastle United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Delighted with that performance.

Phil no words left. 7 chances created. Once he turns in the pocket and runs it is some sight and calms the nerves without kdb.

Defending was solid and we do have players who love to get stuck in.

Special mention to kova- immense.

Gvardiol settling in well.

Chuffed!

Hope Paqueta made a few quid tonight -:)

Ref bottled a red.

City city city city

Kovacic - sublime
Rodri - majestic
Akanji - great
Walker - the man
Phil - magic

Not to say the others didn’t do well but the lads above were in the zone.

The set up helped keep the ball so well in the first half and the triangles played in the second half.

You could tell the lads were leggy but they got there in the end. They all did well after a tough Wednesday. Onwards and upwards.

New Players have settled in well. We look up to speed a lot quicker than last year. As tough as it is, We look better when we play twice a week

Huge three points, against one of the better teams in the division who, make no mistake, wanted it.
I just have to wonder, sometimes, whether Pep doesn't make monstrous demands on his players. We fly to the other side of the Med in midweek, win a trophy in a not particularly easy game, fly back, and play a team that make five subs while we make none. My only quibble. Of course, it looks great when the result is right. I just wonder about the effects of that kind of thing over a whole season in which, as usual, we'll go deep into four competitions.

Akanji was good too

My only small gripe is that we lost control a bit in the second half and the game descended into a bit of a basketball game for a period
I suppose that will happen though when you’re up against good teams though, they are going to win the league afterall according to Stuart Pearce

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.