Newcastle United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Phew. Great win, great 3 points.
Newcastle was good at defending and kicking.

Despite being extra tired, and missing 3 key players(KDB, Silva and Stones) we still owe these top teams playing at 2nd gear.

But we NEED to sign up 2 new players at least. We need transfers. A winger by all means and one in the center. It's not that we don't have enough players, it's that injuries and fatigue will come and then we will not have anything.
And it would be a big shame. Our squad is tiny compared to other teams. Just sign 2 more players.
Agreed. Outside of the actual performance, my takeaway was definitely that we need two more quality players. Olmo and Doku would be the dream but I'm not sure how unrealistic that may be this late in the window.

Just for fun, well actually, truth be told I'm bored as I'm at work and have nothing to do, thinking about Pep's comments earlier in the week about spending I thought I'd add up the purchase cost of both teams players who featured today.

Now clearly that's slightly skewed as the Barcodes used 5 subs, however to counter that it does include the fee for Grealish.

City total spend: 488M. Barcodes: 437m. A staggering 51m difference. Amazing how we a blowing away everyone else with our spending?
That's interesting, and shows again that City have only spent around the same as other top-six teams, and others with money or ambition to get into that top group.
Where City have made the difference, is in buying the right players .... we've bought very few "duds" in the past several seasons, unlike Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, etc who have all paid huge fees & salaries to ultimately disappointing players. Utd probably the worst, with Ronaldo & Sancho being the latest to cost a fortune & contribute very little.

good victory for you boys, i thought the geordies might have caught you out after playing in Greece midweek, Foden was superb.
glad you put the geordies in their place , theyre as bad as Villa and Spurs for giving it large . lets see howe they cope with premier league and European football ?
I see what you did there.

Reports of our demise, from a lot in this forum, have been very much exaggerated. 2 league games, 2 wins, no goals conceded, players to come back. Pep was made up, first time I can recall him going round the pitch at the end of a home league game like that. Excellent performance. I know they aren’t our rivals and I shouldn’t be bothered but rags losing as well is a nice extra. That Eddie Howe is a ****, his team kicked fuck out of us

they are a shithouse side for sure, they were last season too

They have for once spent hundreds of millions to break through into the top four but still play like they're owned by Mike Ashley at times. Now Howe has done a decent job, bar kicking fuck out of us everytime one of his side's play us, but I wonder if he has the elite mentality required to take them further.

Ffs, it’s one match, next in September and October are all 3pm, don’t get the ire, it was fucking buzzing tonight, loved it.
you miss my point completely

but you have some wierd devotion to defending this KO time for a saturday, which really isn' t the issue of my post so you miss the problem here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.