Newcastle United takeover?

No surprise to see Pool and Spurs lobbying against this. All the Saudi baggage is just an excuse, they just want to make sure no other rich person/group is allowed to buy another club which could challenge them.

I personally would have liked to see this deal gone through. More competition and the privileged clubs would be losing even more of their share.
Disagree, Martin Samuel today in the Mail says everything.

Money makes deals happen, just like when HRH took us over, done quickly and with no fuss or speculation. If the Saudi's wanted this to happen it would have gone ahead. They pulled the plug.

Reactions: jrb
I have just been reading one of the NUFC forums - Toontastic.net.
Their salty tears are like drops of nectar to me. The irony of what their club tried to do to us (with others) is completely lost on them.
All it needs now is for NUFC to be relegated a couple of times so they can have their Tyne - Wear derbies with Sunderland.

Watching sly sports news yesterday it said if the takeover had happened Newcastle would have been the wealthiest club in the world, but just googling here it says mohammed bin salman worth is $5 billion usd and Sheikh Mansour is worth $30 billion usd so i dont know how they work out that would have made Newcastle the most wealthy, unless im missing something.

No surprise to see Pool and Spurs lobbying against this. All the Saudi baggage is just an excuse, they just want to make sure no other rich person/group is allowed to buy another club which could challenge them.

I personally would have liked to see this deal gone through. More competition and the privileged clubs would be losing even more of their share.

I completely agree. Rival fans always say I'm just saying that when we discuss takeovers but when Abramovich took over Chelsea City weren't in the fight, it was just nice to see another team that might break up the Arsenal and United dominance.

All FFP does is make it difficult for less wealthy clubs to challenge the old guard, which is why they all support it.

I have nothing against Newcastle fans, I've always seen similarities with City, though after the stunt their club pulled involving themselves in our CAS appeal (with the other clubs) I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a bit smug when I saw their takeover had fallen through. But that's aimed at the clowns running the club, not their fans.

Last edited:
Watching sly sports news yesterday it said if the takeover had happened Newcastle would have been the wealthiest club in the world, but just googling here it says mohammed bin salman worth is $5 billion usd and Sheikh Mansour is worth $30 billion usd so i dont know how they work out that would have made Newcastle the most wealthy, unless im missing something.

Yeah it’s like when we were took over they said his family is worth over 550 billion.

I completely agree. Rival fans always say I'm just saying that when we discuss takeovers but when Abramovich took over Chelsea City weren't in the fight it was just nice to see another team that might break up the Arsenal and United dominance.

All FFP does is make it difficult for less wealthy clubs to challenge the old guard, which is why they all support it.

I have nothing against Newcastle fans, I've always seen similarities with City, though after the stunt their club pulled involving themselves in our CAS appeal with the other clubs I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a bit smug when I saw the takeover had fallen through. But that's aimed at the clowns running the club, not their fans.
Try watching the true geordie on YouTube particularly what he ha s said about City and it's owners in the past. I am sure you will change your mind after watching it.

Try watching the true geordie on YouTube particularly what he ha s said about City and it's owners in the past. I am sure you will change your mind after watching it.

Haha I stay away from youtube football stuff for that reason, its usually full of idiots desperately trying to make themselves relevant. I get your point though!

The Newcastle fans I know are decent bunch and certainly not anti City, but when their club pulls the kind of stunt that they did with CAS its going to create ill feeling. Same with any of the other clubs involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.