Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It‘s fucking bleak up there. Good for a holiday with some lovely Northumbrian scenery and decent hotels, but I can’t think there would be that much up there to appeal to a young footballer these days. I can’t imagine the likes of Mbappe being too interested in a night out on the ‘Toon every weekend either. Maybe they’d all live near London and fly up to training every day.
I don’t think mbappe is interested in coming to Manchester either to be fair. Not that we would be in for him. Despite the criticism from outside we are never in for the expensive stars but still successful without them.

This might have already been asked
What is the relationship like between our owners and theirs?
Would there be any needle when we play them or will our owners be quite happy with the Saudis coming in ?
Our owners are the baby brother and do whatever the fuck Saudi tell them to do.

To any Newcastle fans having a look on here to see our experience of it all, my first bit of advice is to grow thick skin, very very thick skin. All of you!

You will be hated. Everyone will hate you. You will have an owner who comes from a country that other countries that have a big stake in the Premier League (America and Qatar) do not like to say the least, and you will be a club that could threaten the Redshirts (United Liverpool and Arsenal), the favourites of the media who just happen to be American owned, and everything will change in everyone’s attitudes towards you.

Newcastle will no longer be remembered as a historical football club with 128 years of history; winners of four league titles, six FA Cups and one Charity Shield; a club who reached the semifinals of the UEFA Cup and won the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup; members of the top flight for 90 years (7th in the list, just below City); 9th in the all-time league table...

You will be called a club with no history and a small club. You will have new club names including: “moneybags-Newcastle”, “big-spenders Newcastle”, “Dirty Oil Money Newcastle”. Commentators and journalists will give all of your players new first names, which will be the transfer fee you paid for them. Even though you’ll be owned by one man and his investment company, it will be repeatedly said that you are owned by a “state”. Your club and your loyal local long standing fans will be associated with human rights abuses due to the foreign affairs of the country your owner happens to be from even though he has absolutely fuck all relation to any supposed misdemeanours, and this will come from people who live in countries with far worse foreign atrocities to their name than Saudi Arabia.

The media will change their tune about you. No longer will a Sky game at St James’ Park have the commentators remembering the many good times your club has had in the past, the words “famous old club” will never be mentioned again. They will be negative about you, your players, your manager and your fans no matter how good they are. The press will constantly snipe at you, they will make up outright lies about you, every single article (apart from any written by Martin Samuel) will have negative spins about anything and everything, every...single...day!

Everyone will comment on how shit your fans are. The TV companies will turn down the mics around the pitch to make it sound like you have no atmosphere. Any time you happen to have empty seats (including in early round FA or EFL Cup games against teams from three divisions below you or images of your ground 45 minutes before kick off when barely anyone has got through the turnstiles yet), it will be used against you to show how shit your fans are and the images will be used in the TV companies’ advertising of you.

Other clubs’ fans will despise you. Social media will be full of jealous, non-understanding cunts who lap up all the lies and negativity said about you. Despite clubs like United and Liverpool having tens of millions of plastic fans worldwide, your long standing loyal fans will be called plastic and it will all be repeated, every...single...day!

You’ll notice how the officiating of your games and the officiating of your rivals’ games will change. You’ll scratch your head at some of the decisions that start going against you and in favour of your rivals, even if they are the most ridiculous things you’ve ever seen in your life. And you’ll notice how quickly they will be swept under the carpet. But you’ll notice how much exposure tiny misdemeanours from your players will be played and talked about on a loop the day after.

Expect the governing bodies of the sport to collude with the Redshirts to bring in new rules that will try and hinder you. And, most likely, you’ll end up in court through spurious claims of cheating that, even when they’ll be shown to be slanderous libellous lies, will tarnish your name across the world.

But embrace it all! As I said at the top, grow thick skin, and make all that negativity work in your favour. This is how I have adapted as a City fan, and it’s made me feel like everything is that bit more sweet when we win. Think of all the cunts squirming every time you win a game or a trophy. Use that as the driving force of how you support your club. Never feel the want to be liked or accepted, never wish you were treated the same as the other clubs, and it’ll all be easier.

Too many City fans haven’t done this and too many have become brow beaten and down trodden by the negativity. I’m glad we aren’t treated the same as the Redshirts but it’s all had too much of a negative effect on too many of our fans, rather than having the opposite positive effect on us which it should have. Don’t let the same happen to your fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can also see it now every time City VS Newcastle. It will be hyped up as a big game as money vs money. The El Cashio the media will call it.

I have always liked Newcastle as a club, they was my go too club when playing fifa and trying to make them an elite club (I play realistic career modes lol)

but it will be 10 times harder for them than it was for us in 2008, clubs are allot more richer now like Everton, Leicester so teams like these don’t need to sell players anymore like we used to cherry pick in 2009/2010. On top of that they then have to deal with FFP which is going to restrict them massively.
Of course over time they will become an established top 6 club but it could take 10 years just to do this. It’s funny seeing there fans getting giddy expecting messi/Neymar/ salah to join them next season.
The media are actuelly reporting these stories too, I honestly feel like they are trolling Newcastle fans just to see them ‘fail’ next season when they sign someone like Ishmael sarr instead of messi next year.

let’s be honest aswell city fans. We was very lucky to also sign a core/spine of yaya / kompany / silva / aguero to have a team to build around for 10 years of success. Even now as one of the elite clubs we are struggling to replicate these sort of transfers.
So tbh I can see It taking a while for Newcastle to win the league. It’s great news for city though as we are no longer the bad guys of football.

Firstly they need to stay up and then establish themselve in the top six.

For that they won't need the best players but a talisman ( hope they do go for and sign Kane the twat) and then some decent talent that can help then initially in Jan, you have the likes of Isco, Coutinho, then you have Prem players out of contract in the summer clubs may cash in on Maitland-niles, Elmeny, Lacazatte, Rudiger, Christenssen, origi, all slightly better than what they have, plus they could easily aggressively go at clubs like leicester, west ham, spurs for their players.

First up is to stay up, then they should expect at least 3 seasons to be established as a top 4 contender with possible cup wins and then a title tilt.

That confirms what they were saying on Radio 4 a couple of days ago. They were suggesting the Saudi’s had put pressure on the UK Government to get the deal over the line, intimating the Trade Deals between the two parties could suffer if the takeover was blocked. I wonder if Boris had any direct involvement.
For the PL to fold so quickly, in spite of the old cartel clubs exerting serious pressure, I’m fairly certain that the Cabinet Office had direct talks with each party. Johnson with KSA, senior Minister with the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.