Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need a win tonight or it's going to start to look very difficult. This is probably the toughest Premier League ever. Leeds are a decent side and yet they are 17th. It's difficult to imagine Newcastle finishing above Leeds. They need to pick up before the window so that they are seen to have a credible chance of staying up and can attract 1-2 players to help them.

I hope they get relegated not because I don't like them but if they stay up, I can see them building a side and in 3-4 years we could have a rival...assuming we are still competitive. Newcastle have always had potential. It's amazing that it took so long for the corporate world to realise it but I guess that is the price of FFP. It's designed to stratify the league.

They need a win tonight or it's going to start to look very difficult. This is probably the toughest Premier League ever. Leeds are a decent side and yet they are 17th. It's difficult to imagine Newcastle finishing above Leeds. They need to pick up before the window so that they are seen to have a credible chance of staying up and can attract 1-2 players to help them.

I hope they get relegated not because I don't like them but if they stay up, I can see them building a side and in 3-4 years we could have a rival...assuming we are still competitive. Newcastle have always had potential. It's amazing that it took so long for the corporate world to realise it but I guess that is the price of FFP. It's designed to stratify the league.
Stratify is a new word on me. I like your use of it.

Very different from Americanisms given new and wrong meanings usually via the Internet.

As much as I would like to see how it all pans out for them and the squirmish looks on the faces of the American owners, the sheer arrogance of their support every time they visit is nothing short of embarrassing. There's banter then there's the geordies. So on that note I hope they go down, even though they will no doubt be straight back up. Would have preferred a Sunderland take over.

It'll be a long time before Newcastle will have an adverse effect on either of those two clubs. Doesn't matter how much money they now have, FFP won't allow them to spend beyond a certain amount.
No it won't. You are thinking just about league positions. It is one less yank or yank apologist sat around the premier league table.
If the hateful 8 try and and write another letter they have one less supporter.
This is more than some fat gobby geordie on YouTube.

Why people would prefer American hedge fund owned Burnley to stay up rather than Newcastle is beyond me.

So the rags, dips and arsenal are your preferred rivals to Newcastle !!

It'll be a long time before Newcastle will have an adverse effect on either of those two clubs. Doesn't matter how much money they now have, FFP won't allow them to spend beyond a certain amount.
The 'new owner' rule will allow them to spend over the ffp limit.

Norwich and Burnley they to me need 6 points because what’s coming up after that I just cannot see them picking up many points ...............now it’s ok having all that money but are people really gonna sign for a club that maybe we’ll adrift ?????
Think the clubs that come into money Chelsea ,Blackburn and you lot didn’t stand in bad positions when the take overs happened ( I know Blackburn where in the league below but when the cash was really spent they had hit the PL ) but Newcastle could be well and truly in bother come the end of the weekend.
Norwich have started picking up
Burnley are just a pain and both these teams will be looking to create a big gap in Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.