Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see them adding four or five players this window and before they know it they'll have a huge squad. The hard part will be shifting the deadwood, we struggled doing that iirc
not looked at squad numbers but how can they buy a load of players without moving players on, because if loads not registered that'll upset apple cart

Hardly comparable given that CFG are trying to build a global brand using the city name and colours whereas it seems their owners are looking to just buy a bunch of clubs with Newcastle being no more special than any of the others. To depict it as their owners having more funds to buy bigger clubs is nonsensical.

The point being that we brought in a CEO who had essentially spent the previous 10 years planning CFG with Barcelona, whereas they are seemingly just interested in buying established clubs, which suggests it's more about the prestige than the business model. CFG have bought into clubs strategically, either in emerging markets and/or in places that will give the group access to certain parts of the world in terms of player development. Having clubs of differing levels also benefits everyone. We can use Girona to give first team experience to our younger players, and they get players and other resources they might not otherwise be able to afford. Are Inter and Newcastle really going to have that sort of relationship?

Having said that, anything that makes the French league more interesting has to be a good thing.

The players they are being linked with - Trippier, Coutinho, Aubameyang, Digne, Guimares etc just reminds me of where we were when we first got taken over. I don't see any of these players wanting to go toe-to-toe in a relegation scrap.

Luckily for us, we had a good, solid base to work from.

It will be fascinating watching them throw money about this January. If they carry on as they are, they are going down. I did predict that the money itself would upset the squad as they all know they are going now. Howe hasn't exactly turned anything around either and probably wouldn't be the man I'd choose for a relegation battle. Allardyce or even Bruce would be!

They have to buy to stay up and have to try to find a balance in the team where you have Championship-level players potentially alongside the likes of Coutinho and Aubameyang. They also have to want to play for a manager who seems nice but hasn't managed a club of Newcastle's size or players with egos either.

January is a massive month. They will have to spend a LOT - probably hundreds of millions and just hope that the money can persuade mercenaries to play for a few months.

I honestly don't know what will happen up there, but everything they do should be contrasted with how well The Sheikh and the Board have done things here.

The players they are being linked with - Trippier, Coutinho, Aubameyang, Digne, Guimares etc just reminds me of where we were when we first got taken over. I don't see any of these players wanting to go toe-to-toe in a relegation scrap.

Luckily for us, we had a good, solid base to work from.

It will be fascinating watching them throw money about this January. If they carry on as they are, they are going down. I did predict that the money itself would upset the squad as they all know they are going now. Howe hasn't exactly turned anything around either and probably wouldn't be the man I'd choose for a relegation battle. Allardyce or even Bruce would be!

They have to buy to stay up and have to try to find a balance in the team where you have Championship-level players potentially alongside the likes of Coutinho and Aubameyang. They also have to want to play for a manager who seems nice but hasn't managed a club of Newcastle's size or players with egos either.

January is a massive month. They will have to spend a LOT - probably hundreds of millions and just hope that the money can persuade mercenaries to play for a few months.

I honestly don't know what will happen up there, but everything they do should be contrasted with how well The Sheikh and the Board have done things here.

newcastle are in with a shout of staying up if they get 3 or 4 players and somebody that scores goals in pretty quick
3 points from watford ok they have a game in hand and level points with burnley have 2 games in hand

they play watford next and 5 or 6 teams they feel they can beat ? so they have a 5 game window before they play a top 4 club in chelsea so anything can happen. but the winter transfer window is not a good one for teams wanting good players because simply clubs want to hang on to them ? but BIG money can change anybody's mind

This will be Newcastle problem when clubs know your loaded!

Sevilla asking for 40m will they come down any?
If they can, they should sign players to six month contracts, with the promise of an extension if Newcastle survive, so that they don't find themselves in Adebayour/Bridge situations.

I doubt many players would agree to those terms, but Bolton did a lot of that sort of thing under BFS.

If they can, they should sign players to six month contracts, with the promise of an extension if Newcastle survive, so that they don't find themselves in Adebayour/Bridge situations.

I doubt many players would agree to those terms, but Bolton did a lot of that sort of thing under BFS.

I think they are doing similar with the transfers. Trippier is only going to cost £12m initially but apparently the total cost will be £24m if they stay up.

I think there's going to be bonuses in all the players (who they sign) contracts if they stay up too.

I think they are doing similar with the transfers. Trippier is only going to cost £12m initially but apparently the total cost will be £24m if they stay up.

I think there's going to be bonuses in all the players (who they sign) contracts if they stay up too.
They really should look at the problems we encountered in those early years of our growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.