Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it was a shit result but despite that we had a cracking day. One of the best in my long years supporting City. Full story already covered in an earlier 'great days out with City' thread. You're right though, it still hurts.
Halifax & Doncaster (plus several others) were just shit.
Strange contradiction isn't Bill? So often, the defeats turned out to be the best away days.

They need 17 players. It will take at least 4 years for them to get better and play for top 4. Our squad wasn't that bad in 2008.
Yep, when we were taken over we already had the likes of Hart, Richards, Kompany and Zabaleta who would go on to win a hatful of league titles between them.
Dont think anybody in that Newcastle squad would get anywhere near a title winning team apart from maybe Trippier (who did so last season tbf) and Saint-Maximin at a push

They think it's all about money. In time they will realize that this is not true.
They probably labour under the delusion that the Sheik and the Sovereign wealth fund drop us large amounts of cash. Amanda was quoted as saying it was easy to win things with big resources. Just ask mu, everton, etc. A big awakening is needed. I think they will flounder for many years yet.
Note to barcodes. To do what we have done requires brilliance from the manager, the DoF, the CEO and the chairman.

Last edited:
They probably labour under the delusion that the Sheik and the Sovereign wealth fund drop us large amounts of cash. Amanda was quoted as saying it was easy to win things with big resources. Just ask mu, everton, etc. A big awakening is needed. I think they will flounder for many years yet.
Note to barcodes. To do what we have done requires brilliance from the manager, the DoF, the CEO and the chairman.

Big six have the money to buy every player in the world. We are the best managed club, the difference is not money, the real difference is management skill. They dont understand that.

Newcastle mirroring the old City of the 80/90s. Draw lower division side, get high expectation and a home draw and mess up big time.

Still remember 2-1 at Boro in the cup when Reid was manager and not a word was spoken with a full car on way home.
In fairness to our former "heroes" we usually lost away rather than at home when playing lower division teams in the cups. Though we did draw a few home ties and lost the replays.

More like the turn of the 2010s. Knocked out at home by lower league Forest in 2009, Wigan in 2014 and Boro in 2015
I was thinking more about defeats to Bury, Bolton, Sunderland (replay), Halifax, Doncaster and Shrewsbury. Not sure whether to mention Lincoln as we lost both bloody legs.

They'll be OK when they know they know their plaice in the order of things. They don't want to start off making a pollock of themselves.

They’re on course for 22pts. Twenty Two.
They have just lost their 2 best players and have shown zero signs of improvement under a pretty awful manager. It’s them or Burnley and Burnley have great experience in this position. Plus 2 games in hand on them.

Newcastle have to bed in these players, they’ll be down to about 15 games to save their season by the end of the window and need about 6 new players. They’re looking mainly at players way out of form, favour or rhythm at their current club. So will need time to get their fitness up to speed for one hell of a fight. The race for the European positions is fierce, and there’s about 5/6 teams fighting for survival. Hardly any ‘dead rubbers’.

Make no mistake, this isn’t Champ Manager they are in a real scrap.

This might be the most intellectually dishonest point I've seen made in a while.
Hmmm. domalino's incredibly patronising post aged well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.