Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any other season it wouldn't be too bad but he's been shite this season, 3 goals in 21 games...

Apparently they're paying his release clause, so not much Burnley can do. Around £25m!

Newcastle fans might be happy considering they've got nobody up top (Wilson out injured) but I can't imagine that is who they were hoping for when they were bought.

The biggest plus might actually be just trying to weaken Burnley.

Last edited:

Any other season it wouldn't be too bad but he's been shite this season.

Apparently they're paying his release clause, so not much Burnley can do.

This is purely a signing to keep them up but I imagine they'd have to give him at least 2 and a half years to persuade him to come, that plus a bigger wage offer. Bizarre signing who I'm not sure brings much, maybe enough to fill a hole whilst Wilson is out.

Newcastle fans might be happy considering they've got nobody up top but I can't imagine it was a name on the lips of most when the takeover went through.

He's no Robinho that's for sure :)

Any other season it wouldn't be too bad but he's been shite this season.

Apparently they're paying his release clause, so not much Burnley can do.

This is purely a signing to keep them up but I imagine they'd have to give him at least 2 and a half years to persuade him to come, that plus a bigger wage offer. Bizarre signing who I'm not sure brings much, maybe enough to fill a hole whilst Wilson is out.

Newcastle fans might be happy considering they've got nobody up top but I can't imagine it was a name on the lips of most when the takeover went through.

It’s a pretty good signing really and might hasten Burnley’s relegation.
If they stay up, it’s money well spent, go down and he’ll not be kicking off about leaving and he’ll be fine in the championship.

That sounds like plan Y tbh, seems like they’re panic buying but did have to get someone in, not sure he’s better than Callum Wilson tbh

It’s a pretty good signing really and might hasten Burnley’s relegation.
If they stay up, it’s money well spent, go down and he’ll not be kicking off about leaving and he’ll be fine in the championship.

Good point about the Championship, maybe they have that in mind with this one.

That sounds like plan Y tbh, seems like they’re panic buying but did have to get someone in, not sure he’s better than Callum Wilson tbh

I think they're only signing him cause Wilson is out for 8 weeks.

Wilson is a 1 goal every 2 games striker in the league for Newcastle, Wood won't better that.

Apparently it's £25m now, reeks of desperation from Newcastle.

He has the same agent as Trippier and they've been colluding.

If Burnley's owners actually pulled their finger out, they could reinvest some of that and give themselves a chance of staying up. They have a better defence than Newcastle, they just need goals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.