Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
difference is that Santa Cruz was actually a very decent striker till he came to us and got injured.
This wood player is bang average and 30 years old…

so far they have signed…
Trippier age 31 for 12 mill (plus add one)
And wood age 30 for 25 mill

they have blown 37 million on two players with a combined age of 61.
Hardly building for the future at the minute
He was fucking shite.

Only twice broke 10 goals in his career before he signed for us and only managed it again once back in Paraguay.

He was fucking shite.

Only twice broke 10 goals in his career before he signed for us and only managed it again once back in Paraguay.

I think in his younger day, Santa Cruz was a very decent player (way before we signed him). Had a good season at Blackburn and he's been on fire in his late 30's in Paraguay.

I would say better than Wood at his peak but nowhere near as consistent in the Premier League.

I saw Newcastle fans actually comparing his price as similar to Jo (£7m more than Jo tbf, although inflation). If he plays anything like Jo for them then they are fucked.

The signing of Chris Wood in itself won't keep Newcastle up but rather Burnley losing some goals might do it.

The signing of Chris Wood in itself won't keep Newcastle up but rather Burnley losing some goals might do it.

I suppose it depends on whether Burnley were the team stopping them, I thought Burnley were the most likely to get out of it based on current squads.

Watford could surprise us though, big game between them and Newcastle this weekend.

difference is that Santa Cruz was actually a very decent striker till he came to us and got injured.
This wood player is bang average and 30 years old…

so far they have signed…
Trippier age 31 for 12 mill (plus add one)
And wood age 30 for 25 mill

they have blown 37 million on two players with a combined age of 61.
Hardly building for the future at the minute
I think they are signing players to help them this season, hence their ages. Ready made players might do a better job rather than someone aged 20/21 and trying to find their feet.

Reality check for all those Geordies who have been mouthing off about all their stellar signings this January. The rest of us all knew that they'd end up paying over the odds for whoever happens to be available. That's the position they're in. Unlikely survival is the name of the game for them right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.