Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the smartest thing to do, but if an away shirt changes one persons thoughts on the Saudis I'd be very surprised.

Not arsed if these small minded empty seats is this a library WWYWYWS empty headed bare chested twats ever win or compete for owt.
Irritating humourless gobshites.

The Guardian getting stuck in over this:
Seriously? They said the colours of Saudi Arabia's national football team? I am not sure that was the point Amnesty was trying to make by referring to SA's national colours.

It's s pretty stupid thing for them to do imo.

Not because its sportswashing, but it will attract a load of criticism with absolutely no benefit.

As already stated, this just highlights how different their approach is, than ours. Bizarre and will not go down well with anyone.
Well anyone can hardly say that our approach has been a huge success can they? We have had 10 years of constant hate & bile spewed out at us from every media channel possible. They well may have looked at that and thought fuck that! We are going to getting the same whatever happens, so we are going to do it our way. If they don't like it (which they don't) then tough titty! I sometimes wish we would have done the same at times.

It's s pretty stupid thing for them to do imo.

Not because its sportswashing, but it will attract a load of criticism with absolutely no benefit.
I think the new away strip if it happens is great for the club. We are getting so much stick that a little bit more will make no difference. I don't know how much we receive from Castore for shirt sales. I have heard that it's a flat rate, £5 million per season, which wouldn't surprise me as Ashley was a chancer who never intended to grow the club so will have taken a guaranteed flat rate rather than gamble with a sliding scale. If that's the case, then I hope the club have re-negotiated the deal.

We have to comply with FFP and if we sell a lot of these shirts in Saudi then great. The club would have been negligent if they had a potential revenue stream which we fail to take advantage of.

We're limited to future sponsorship from Saudi as we have been told that third party sponsorship for us must be on a par with other clubs in our league position. That means we couldn't just go to Saudi companies and say highest bidder wins, that is perverse and anti-competitive. I would imagine a lot of companies in Saudi would love to sponsor us, either to get in somebody’s good books or because of the exposure we're receiving.

I guess we could look to Saudi for sponsorship, put it out to the highest written bids and then seek legal advice and threaten the league with court, that's what I would do as I doubt any court would side with the Premier League and stifle competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.