Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you overpaid and raised wages, why would Yaya Toure or Robinho join a club who's middle name was failure? Newcastle will be have to pay the likes of Declan Rice 50% more than Chelsea or yourselves and that will remain the case until they are established in the CL. Once the initial investment is made they will start working on recouping their money and making a profit, someone has to pay for that.
Look at the numbers. By my reckoning, when 2021 /2022 are finally published we will be way behind man u and Chelsea. Robinho was not expensive in wage terms. Yaya was, but balanced by some real cheapos e.g. Zabba.
The players came here because they were sold a vision far more exciting than what they already had. Brilliant work by Tkixi, Brian Marwood, Gary Cook etc. Several said later "I went there because I wanted to be part of that"
We still turn down players who ask the earth and they go to manyoo!

Look at the numbers. By my reckoning, when 2021 /2022 are finally published we will be way behind man u and Chelsea. Robinho was not expensive in wage terms. Yaya was, but balanced by some real cheapos e.g. Zabba.
The players came here because they were sold a vision far more exciting than what they already had. Brilliant work by Tkixi, Brian Marwood, Gary Cook etc. Several said later "I went there because I wanted to be part of that"
We still turn down players who ask the earth and they go to manyoo!
I'm not talking about now, what your selling now is not a hard sell. Back then Robinho and Toure where leaving Madrid and Barcelona (European champions). All the Arsenal lads didn't leave for the craic, the wages they were being offered far exceeded what they could get at a bigger and more successful club. Back then the vision City were selling was clear and easily obtainable, Newcastle have 3 of the worlds best teams standing in their way and a change of management at Utd would make it 4. Someone like Rice is not risking 4 years at Newcastle unless they make it "very" worth his while.

It is your last para which shows that you do not really understand what has been going on. It is not just about keeping manyoo down but about all the US based red shirts, that is MUFC, LFC, ARSENAL FC. Oh, and to a lesser extent certain others such as, er, Spurs.
The three red shirts have plotted against us non stop ever since it became clear that we threatened their cosy little top three club.

1.The American sports model is based on the owners making a handy profit from a league which does not have relegation so they are safe from the phenomenon of poor performance on the field leading to poor financial performance or even disaster.
2. A permanent place in the top four is a permanent place in the Champs league with increased revenues from fans, sponsors, TV, and prize money. Last season City earned £80m in prize money from the CL alone.
3. In order to preserve this, the American red shirts took part in the disgraceful blackmail of UEFA. UEFA proposed FPP partly to stop us but crucially the proposals included limits on debt. G14 refused to accept this and said they would leave the CL and set up their own comp. UEFA caved in and FFP was based on income alone. Handy for man u and Arsenal with huge debts on their books. No problem, however, for City as our then owner had a plan to spend upfront, establish the club as in a higher echelon, and then run the club on a sustainable debt free basis, having swopped the debt to him for equity. The equity swop enabled Mansour to reverse City into the ownership of ADUG, and thence into CFG .
This is exactly what happened. Panic from the red shirts. Lots of cosy lunches plotting how they would fend off CITY.
By coincidence, or design there then occurred the Spiegel email leaks. The red shirts built a whole case on this saying our accounts were a sham, and the true source of our income was the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, directly or thru fake sponsorships. They nobbled certain members of Uefa and set about a major campaign to get other PL clubs, the English press and some European clubs onside. This all but succeeded, City were found guilty of breaking the regulations, fined a fortune and chucked out of the Champs league. Naturally we appealed. Liverpool immediately organised a letter to UEFA saying we should be banned before the appeal was heard. NINE PL clubs, including Spurs, signed this letter. Nine clubs who don't believe in due process.
CAS heard the case and concluded:
1. There was NO EVIDENCE that we broke regulations. They stated this no less than 12 times in their judgement.
2. The idea that our audited accounts were not a true and fair record was just not credible.
3,The emails, cobbled together from thousands and made to look as though they were connected were dismissed as having no probitive value.
4. And in the interim case, CAS said that City could not possibly get a fair hearing from the investigatory chamber while M. Leterme was in the chair. (Wonder why they said that?!)

Despite the CAS final judgement, the press and the red shirts continue to repeat the lies. Only this week Klopp repeated that we were a state owned club. The press continue to belittle Pep's achievements "well anyone with unlimited resources could do that" Psst...We obey FFP. The Grauniad have now suggested that we bribed CAS and got off on a technicality.
Liverpool have now tried the PL regs route. This will fail.
I have left out the army of internet bots put into the field by the red shirts to spread their poison, the fact that Liverpool hacked our systems (allegedly!!), the Liverpool and Manu supporting writers who tweet anti City, anti Arab slogans weekly, the strange alliance of Qatr and a fake Indian media organization, and much more).
So, @BobbyBoy, it is quite understandable that we welcome anything that discumknockerates the red shirts and their gutless allies.
I wish I could like this post 1,000 times. Bravo

It's bollocks to suggest what City were doing, back in the first few years of the new ownership, was new in terms of wages. All clubs were already competing for players with what they could offer in transfer fees and wages. Tempting good players to go to a none CL club, always did and always will cost a little more. City moved away from that as soon as they could. I think that was always the plan but the FFP rules made it a necessity also.

A summary of some of the challenges City were facing around the time FFP was introduced:
As Swiss Ramble points out, for the 2011/12 season, the FFP Break Even rules allow clubs to exclude wages for players signed before 1 June 2010. For City this equates to around £53m and is a key factor in the club reducing their debt close to UEFA's permitted level.

Yaya was signed in July 2010 so wasn't part of that £53m exemption which if I remember right UEFA then removed after the accounts were already submitted for review and then they tried to punish them for not meeting their break even requirements.

Spurs fans manage to make themselves look like cunts whatever the subject don't they.
It's a gift.
Cunts.
Architects and prime movers in the creation of the premier league, thinking it would permanently enshrine their status among the wealthy elite.
They rigged the game only to find others would come along and play it better

Architects and prime movers in the creation of the premier league, thinking it would enshrine their status in the wealth elite.
They rigged the game only to find others would come along and play it better

Years of being told we are cheats because teams like spurs have been forced into the also rans category have hardened us in general.

I look at what we spend now and think that it boils piss so we should do even more of it, so what if the spurs and arsenal fans don't like it, fuck 'em.

Good luck Newcastle, the chance of moving these parasites further down the pecking order can't come soon enough.

I'm not talking about now, what your selling now is not a hard sell. Back then Robinho and Toure where leaving Madrid and Barcelona (European champions). All the Arsenal lads didn't leave for the craic, the wages they were being offered far exceeded what they could get at a bigger and more successful club. Back then the vision City were selling was clear and easily obtainable, Newcastle have 3 of the worlds best teams standing in their way and a change of management at Utd would make it 4. Someone like Rice is not risking 4 years at Newcastle unless they make it "very" worth his while.

All those players we bought were not “Stars” early days bet you don’t even know how much yaya was on at Barcelona or how much Silva Sergio was on at there clubs?! Yaya was on 35k a week silva on 20k Sergio on similar! Foden one of the best players in the premier going to sign a new 6 year contract on 150k a week! It’s the scum who started the inflation and still do but back in the day under fergie not one fuck was given when the swept up all those trophies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.