Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who’s gonna tell the RAWK sportswashing brigade that UK sells £billions of weapons to Saudi Arabia?
Doesn't matter. Liverpool aren't in the UK.

We can do the sums all we want but the proof will be in how much Newcastle actually spend, however whilst a lot think its going to be tame due to FFP or whatever else, it doesn't make sense that Saudia Arabia would put their name on this if they are just going to be battling mid table. They would have walked away 18mths ago.

Living in the North East I can vouch that only a few of the Toon army are even aware of FFP rules. One I spoke to expects them to spend 500m in January and to win the league next season. Another wants Jose as manager (I thought the problem with Brucie was negative tactics), Keegan as assistant, and big Al Shearer as sporting director. And yet another thinks they will re develop the area like we have. This is forgetting the stadium is in the middle of the City.

Newcastle are already doing a much better job than we have done on PR. A two-page interview with Amanda Staveley in today's times where she destroys claims that the Saudi owners are "sportswashing." Her quote stated that if they wanted to do that they would have bought a US franchise "not a club in the relegation zone." They used her rebuttal as the main headline. Totally proactive response, tackling the media head-on. Staveley is a class act. We should have had her heading up our project. She praised City but also made it clear that, though it would take time, they want to take us on. Underestimate her at our peril. She made a point of saying she would be at the club almost every day. I hope Khaldoon was listening.
City are well aware of Staveley, she has personally done deals with Sheikh Mansour. She is not even in the same league as Khaldoon though, she has also never run a football club. Neither has Khaldoon which is why we have the best CEO in world football heading the club and CFG as a whole.

Newcastle are light years away from us. Dont worry about flashy interviews in The Times that she no doubt pulled some favors for.

Can't wait to see what that ‘True Geordie’ fellah has to say - lol - he’s always slagged us off for the sheik money.
good luck to them, what ever's next? Elon Musk buying Brentford?...watch this space.
Bloody space money.

City are well aware of Staveley, she has personally done deals with Sheikh Mansour. She is not even in the same league as Khaldoon though, she has also never run a football club. Neither has Khaldoon which is why we have the best CEO in world football heading the club and CFG as a whole.

Newcastle are light years away from us. Dont worry about flashy interviews in The Times that she no doubt pulled some favors for.
She has delivered a better interview than anyone from our club has done in 12 years. I am not suggesting she should run Manchester City because Khaldoon is hugely impressive. But we have been taken to the cleaners by the media for a decade and it has damaged us reputationally and commercially. We need someone up front defending our image as effectively as she is doing for Newcastle.

I disagree here. Newcastle's commercial revenue has been artificially deflated over the Ashley tenure because he was setting his bigger assets like Sports Direct up with cheapo deals.

Newcastle less commercial revenue than Brighton!?! Same ballpark as Norwich?!

I would expect them to make big strides in this department even before any sweetheart Saudi based deals.

They should overtake Leicester and West Ham easily, and those clubs are able to compete with the top 4.
View attachment 27721

Good to see we’re well ahead of Chelsea and Liverpool. Really need to overtake those shitheads at Trafford ASAP though.

Newcastle deserve the money because they were once managed by an icon of English football "Kevin Keegan"
0_Kevin-Keegan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.