Newcastle Utd (H) Post Match Thread

What a statement that was.

Against a team who have the third highest total points.

After the disappointment in Madrid.

After Liverpool blinked first and drew to Tottenham.

5 - 0!

It was so good to see them flying high today. After some bad luck and some sketchy officiating earlier in the week it would have been understandable if they were a bit flat but they came out as if nothing had happened. Pep recent comments lead me to believe he's in it for the long haul and has his sights set on world domination. I think Haaland/Alvarez coming in is going to make a HUGE difference and City will be untouchable going forward.

In the Pre-match thread I asked for a win and a few goals to boost both points and goal difference. I got my wish. Perhaps I should do similar posts in the remaining three pre-game threads.

Perfect response after the CL exit and Liverpool dropping points in the league. 3 more games, c'mon City!

Last edited:
Read the match report on The Mag where did they get the loads of empty seats bit from? 53,000+ this shit just seems natural to some people..just make stuff up
From 82 minutes onwards.

Penultimate home game of the season in a title run-in and thousands left early. I think we deserve some stick for it.

The silly sods were streaming out of the ground and thousands were long gone by the time we scored those two late goals.

Ederson 6/10 - can't think of anything he really had to do, which is a good sign

Cancelo 6/10 - still think he's dodgy on the right side but didn't do anything egregious today
Dias 6/10 - kept the ball alive for the 2nd goal, we're gonna miss him
Laporte 7/10 - took his goal well and kept Newcastle's forwards relatively quiet
Zinchenko 8/10 - used the ball well and looked dangerous when he came forward

Rodri 8/10 - easy to take him for granted these days
De Bruyne 9/10 - best player on the pitch today
Gundogan 7/10 - looked sharp early on, was happy to fade into the background later on

Sterling 9/10 - took his goals well and kept pushing Targett throughout
Jesus 6/10 - had better games very recently, was back to being a bit unlucky today
Grealish 8/10 - used the ball well and looked really dangerous in the last 20 mins
Ederson made a great 1-on-1 save at 3-0

Also Jesus’ strength and hold up play was excellent against their stronger defenders.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.