Newcastle Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply a must win game otherwise it'll be 7 or 9 points adrift. Still getting my head around Mancini's bizarre decision not to play our best strikers in the most important game so far. Hope for his sake and our defence of the title that he isn't so stupid for this game.

Without wishing to sound disrespectful, we have sufficient players of quality and down time between games to win every game henceforth. Our problem has been that we simply haven't played with the power and tempo necessary to blow teams away. Whether that is a consequence of other teams upping their game or our management being overly cautious, I don't know, but I hope that Sunday's result proves the catalyst.

Ducado said:
bluegoose59 said:
Why have we not sold out our allocation of tickets yet Sunderland is sold out on boxing day?
12:45 KO
Our last 12.45pm Saturday kick-off was our 3-0 victory over Sunderland. Incidentally, thanks to the World Club nonsense, Chelsea don't have a league game until 23rd December, which is handy for us as they have been hitting good form lately.

----------------Hart--------------
Zaba---Kompany---Nasty---Clichy
-------Yaya--------Barry--------
Milner---------Silva-------Aguero
--------------Tevez-------------

I reckon that Dzeko is now resigned to being the super-sub we bring on towards the end of a game, but preferably before the 86th minute in future.

LoveCity said:
Newcastle were largely wank again at Fulham tonight although improved in the second half. They have been poor home and away except against Wigan, but AS USUAL we'd be naive to believe they won't turn up next week. We have one match per week now, everyone fit and healthy and no need to rotate all the time. United have Sunderland at home, the easiest 3pts imaginable, so we have to win really or it becomes 7pts or 9pts the difference.
Disagree. They were unlucky to lose. At 1-1 they looked the more likely.

The gap to Utd is not that important at the moment.

We need to close it by March. I'd be disappointed with a point at Newcastle, but it would not be that bad

Marvin said:
LoveCity said:
Newcastle were largely wank again at Fulham tonight although improved in the second half. They have been poor home and away except against Wigan, but AS USUAL we'd be naive to believe they won't turn up next week. We have one match per week now, everyone fit and healthy and no need to rotate all the time. United have Sunderland at home, the easiest 3pts imaginable, so we have to win really or it becomes 7pts or 9pts the difference.
Disagree. They were unlucky to lose. At 1-1 they looked the more likely.

The gap to Utd is not that important at the moment.

We need to close it by March. I'd be disappointed with a point at Newcastle, but it would not be that bad

Unlucky to lose?

Fulham should have been 3 or 4 up at half-time.

FantasyIreland said:
simon23 said:
Sam. said:
Well up for this one. I think the defeat on Sunday could kick start our season and give the lads a much needed boost. I notice that people keep saying that there are a lot of games to be played and it's not over yet. That may be true but we can't afford to slip any further behind.

I haven't looked into the injuries properly but I believe Kompany will probably be available. If that's the case then I'd like to see Tevez replace Mario, Milner replace Nasri and Yaya starting in his more attacking role.

--------------------Hart------------------
--Zaba---Kompany----Nasty---Clichy--
--------------Milner----Barry------------
--------------------Yaya-----------------
---Silva----------Aguero--------Tevez---

this would be my team for most big games

Its undoubtedly our best team,just a shame Milner keeps picking up niggles.

No return date or news on Milner, but I also hope he's fit.

Our injury list concerns me, Yaya Toure, Kompany (twice this season), Kolarov, Richards, Rodwell as well as Milner (twice this season). Add this to recent injuries to Clincy, Balotelli, Aguero and Garcia.

I can only remember Aguero getting injured when in actual contact with another player.

We are either being very unlucky this season, or the players aren't warming up or being trained differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.