Newcastle Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a better run in than the rags, on paper. We need to close that gap though. Ideally I'd want to be 4 points ahead of them by the time we visit the swamp, but 3 points behind is not a disaster either.

Best team it has to be. 3 points now and getting back on course more important than trying to plan around the cluster of games coming up. Everyone will have a chance at some point over the next 3/4 weeks, but we need to keep the pressure on by beating Newcastle.

Certainly we should be looking to win all four remaining matches in December now. Newcastle, Sunderland, Reading and Norwich. All of them are potentially hard games, but all of them are very winnable too.

Marvin said:
LoveCity said:
Newcastle were largely wank again at Fulham tonight although improved in the second half. They have been poor home and away except against Wigan, but AS USUAL we'd be naive to believe they won't turn up next week. We have one match per week now, everyone fit and healthy and no need to rotate all the time. United have Sunderland at home, the easiest 3pts imaginable, so we have to win really or it becomes 7pts or 9pts the difference.
Disagree. They were unlucky to lose. At 1-1 they looked the more likely.

The gap to Utd is not that important at the moment.

We need to close it by March. I'd be disappointed with a point at Newcastle, but it would not be that bad

Agree - there's plenty of time to close the gap. We cant afford to lose though. Fergie has clearly put the fear of god in his players to regain the title however they will drop more points this season. We need to recapture our intensity and play like the champions we are

Have to admit that the thought of our forward line against Simpson and Williamson is mouth watering, especially when we've got a massive point to prove from Sunday.

I reckon Pardew will just pack the midfield, sit back and rely on hoof ball counter attacks.

If we turn up, it could be a comfortable away game, but I refuse to underestimate Newcastle.

Sam. said:
Have to admit that the thought of our forward line against Simpson and Williamson is mouth watering, especially when we've got a massive point to prove from Sunday.

I reckon Pardew will just pack the midfield, sit back and rely on hoof ball counter attacks.

If we turn up, it could be a comfortable away game, but I refuse to underestimate Newcastle.

Is Colocini and R.Taylor missing for this one?

SWPISHOME said:
Sam. said:

Is Colocini and R.Taylor missing for this one?

R Taylor picked something up in the Europa League and is out for a few months apparently, but Colocini is available.

LoveCity said:
Newcastle were largely wank again at Fulham tonight although improved in the second half. They have been poor home and away except against Wigan, but AS USUAL we'd be naive to believe they won't turn up next week. We have one match per week now, everyone fit and healthy and no need to rotate all the time. United have Sunderland at home, the easiest 3pts imaginable, so we have to win really or it becomes 7pts or 9pts the difference.

citymad said:
Simply a must win game otherwise it'll be 7 or 9 points adrift. Still getting my head around Mancini's bizarre decision not to play our best strikers in the most important game so far. Hope for his sake and our defence of the title that he isn't so stupid for this game.

I take it you both mean 8 or 9 pts.

Jimmy Milner is key for me for the rest of the season. He'd have opened his gob to swallow 'that' free kick on Sunday.

Make no mistake, we need to hit the ground running now, starting against the Geordies and go on an 8 game unbeaten run - say 7 wins and a draw - just like 'them over there' would do after a significant defeat.

The media are out in force reporting on Mancini's reign and how its being undermined within the club - public criticism of players, his approach to Lescott (any views blues?), problems with the coaching staff etc. Expect this to carry on all through the season with increased fervour if we slip up again; inevitable Mourinho 'waiting in the wings' stories etc.

Pressure on us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.