Status
Not open for further replies.
MC-alexander-FC said:
york away to this! said:
---------------flap---------------
flap...flap...flappity...flap
.........flappy.......flap.........
flap.......flapalot..........flap
..................flop...................

people having a dig a dzeko before the season even starts..... you should be ashamed!

Erm, I'd stay clear from the Dzeko thread if I were you, seasons not even started and it looks like the Mods are gonna have to break out the riot gear.

I'd be tempted to go for a three man midfield just to help shield the CBs, an attacking trio of Silva, Jovetic and Dzeko with back up from Yaya should be more than capable of scoring against Newcastle. Hopefully the fact they've bought so many players will play to our advantage as I don't see them all working together as a team right off the bat.

Maverickblue said:
1st period
Hart
Sagna, Vinnie, Nasty, Clichy
Milner, Fernando, Toure
Jovetic, Dzeko, Silva
2nd
Hart
Sagna, Demi, Nasty, Clichy
Milner, Fernando, Fernandhino
Nasri, Jovetic, Silva

sorry cant take that serious when you call it 1st period

YCCMY said:
Newcastle fan here. We've had a pretty good pre season but i think you'll beat us on Sunday, but it won't be as convincing as the opening game last year. We've made some decent signings, watch out for Cabella and De Jong (if he plays), although you may know about the latter after he scored a couple against you for Ajax a couple of years ago. We look dangerous on the counter, but our defence is devoid of pace, if Aguero plays, i'd expect him to get a goal. Coloccini looks like he is on the decline and Williamson is very one dimensional. I don't know too much about your preparation/fitness, i'm not taking much from the charity shield, considering the team you played. It should be a good match on Monday though. Think it will be 1-2.

If you turn up on Monday, you'll have a major problem.

karen7 said:
Rammy Blue said:
Sure there's a very simple answer, which is probably that it's just down to City's choice, however I just wondered why other players from countries that were in the WC are already playing friendly games yet ours haven't laced their boots in anger?

Just seems really strange - for example, I'm just looking at my DreamTeam and checked out Hazard and he's had minutes in their last 3 games whereas Kompany has had zero mins.

Maybe it'll benefit us in long term but it seems a high-risk strategy with such a tough opening set of fixtures.

Thoughts?

I have been saying that for the last few days and got told to stop flapping
Seems you can't show concern without getting that stupid response

How very true. I have been surprised at our less than ideal preparation, and yet any mention of it and it's like an offence against Islam.

Chippy_boy said:
karen7 said:
Rammy Blue said:
Sure there's a very simple answer, which is probably that it's just down to City's choice, however I just wondered why other players from countries that were in the WC are already playing friendly games yet ours haven't laced their boots in anger?

Just seems really strange - for example, I'm just looking at my DreamTeam and checked out Hazard and he's had minutes in their last 3 games whereas Kompany has had zero mins.

Maybe it'll benefit us in long term but it seems a high-risk strategy with such a tough opening set of fixtures.

Thoughts?

How very true. I have been surprised at our less than ideal preparation, and yet any mention of it and it's like an offence against Islam.

Nothing wrong with being concerned but I think Pell knows what he is doing, every confidence it will all go well this season.

Blue Til Death said:
Chippy_boy said:
karen7 said:

Nothing wrong with being concerned but I think Pell knows what he is doing, every confidence it will all go well this season.

I don't get that generic response "Pellegrini knows what he is doing", we all know that a City side with Kompany, Zabaleta, Fernandinho and Aguero is a lot better than one without those players. But they haven't played in pre-season and they won't be fully fit for Sunday. I don't think it is anything to do with Pellegrini knowing what he is doing. If he could have them fit and ready he would. I think it is more the fact that we played to the latter stages of 4 competitions last season where we relied on our key players. They then went to the World Cup and several made it through to the knockouts. We can't rush players back for fear they will burn out or for fear they will get long term injuries. I think the decision has been made to allow them recovery time and then ease them back in. We threw Aguero in last season with little pre-season under his belt and it resulted in an injury.

I am sure Pellegrini has faith in his squad and will pick the best possible side he can to win the game on Sunday, but I think the decision to allow those key players a little extra time has been with the long term view of keeping players fit and ready for the entire season. I can't argue with that. Zabaleta played an awful lot last season, Kompany only just returned from injury for the WC and Aguero has been injured on and off since the middle of last season. Ideally we can at least have two of Kompany, Demichelis, Zabaleta and Sagna available to start of Sunday. If Fernandinho can start too that would be ideal to bolster our midfield. So long as Silva and Yaya are on the pitch and Dzeko/Jovetic are fit I have faith that we can score goals.

supercity88 said:
Blue Til Death said:
Chippy_boy said:

I don't get that generic response "Pellegrini knows what he is doing", we all know that a City side with Kompany, Zabaleta, Fernandinho and Aguero is a lot better than one without those players. But they haven't played in pre-season and they won't be fully fit for Sunday. I don't think it is anything to do with Pellegrini knowing what he is doing. If he could have them fit and ready he would. I think it is more the fact that we played to the latter stages of 4 competitions last season where we relied on our key players. They then went to the World Cup and several made it through to the knockouts. We can't rush players back for fear they will burn out or for fear they will get long term injuries. I think the decision has been made to allow them recovery time and then ease them back in. We threw Aguero in last season with little pre-season under his belt and it resulted in an injury.

I am sure Pellegrini has faith in his squad and will pick the best possible side he can to win the game on Sunday, but I think the decision to allow those key players a little extra time has been with the long term view of keeping players fit and ready for the entire season. I can't argue with that. Zabaleta played an awful lot last season, Kompany only just returned from injury for the WC and Aguero has been injured on and off since the middle of last season. Ideally we can at least have two of Kompany, Demichelis, Zabaleta and Sagna available to start of Sunday. If Fernandinho can start too that would be ideal to bolster our midfield. So long as Silva and Yaya are on the pitch and Dzeko/Jovetic are fit I have faith that we can score goals.

Thank you un-genericising my response mate, I actually meant to say this but I'm busy at work, hence my pathetic one liner post.

Blue Til Death said:
supercity88 said:
Blue Til Death said:

Thank you un-genericising my response mate, I actually meant to say this but I'm busy at work, hence my pathetic one liner post.

Next time, just stick to your work mate. ;)

I suspect Kompany, Zabaleta etc will all come back in.

In one sense they are at a disadvantage having only returned to training last week, but they've only been out of action for about 4 weeks.

As long as their fitness is at a level which doesn't expose them to injury, I think they'll play.

Jovetic has been good in pre-season and was one of the few players who made an effort at Wembley, but one thing that was noticeable was that he doesn't have the pace to make it onto through balls. In the 2nd half when Silva came on we had countless interplays around the Arsenal box, played it in, and a defender or the keeper always just managed to nick in in front of Jovetic. We really need a quick guy up front, but Aguero looks like the most doubtful of he World Cup players.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Kolarov went off on Sunday after taking a knock that saw him limping. I don't know if he was taken off because of injury or because he was tired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.