Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
More thought I've given it,is not many super stars will want to live up there neither,that will come into it for sure,so no point in the giddyness starting just yet.

However money talks I suppose
'Boro managed to sign Juninho and Ravanelli. Newcastle won't have too many problems enticing players of a certain standing to sign for them if they offer an attractive financial package. It won't appeal to every player but I reckon they'll get enough on board to help them challenge for the top 4 in a couple of seasons or so and, later, for the title. Assuming they make decent appointments on the manager/coaching side of course.

they want citys academy director as their sporting director

Assume we will have an ally now ?

Can't hurt. If stereotypes about the gulf states hold true (I don't know enough to know if they're accurate or not), the Saudi's will be a lot more confrontational and vocal about any perceived racial sentiment or xenophobia, any ganging up of the American owners etc. which I imagine suits City quite nicely, being able to have that stuff said out loud without being the one saying it.

We don't know how involved MBS & co. will actually be though. I would't want to fall into the trap that so much of the media does and assume Saudi Arabia investing a piddling amount of their money in Newcastle means it's the personal project of MBS and incredibly important to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.