Newcastles stadium now: sportsdirect.com @ St James' Park

PaulPowerShower said:
I really dont find it funny

Its a fucking digrace that 100 years of football has been reduced to that by that fat prick

I feel sorry for Newcastle that it has come to this

couldn't have put it better, what a joke that man is

if you paste sportsdirect.com @ St James' Park Stadium into justin tv it deletes it as an unauthorised link. brilliant

Jesus 1st he makes them wear that shitty away kit and now hes done the biggest shit on them this time. There fans were pissed off enough when it was announced they were giving away naming rights and now hes made it his own business. He'll be lucky to be alive by the end of the year the way he pisses them Geordies off

PaulPowerShower said:
I really dont find it funny

Its a fucking digrace that 100 years of football has been reduced to that by that fat prick

I feel sorry for Newcastle that it has come to this

Got a soft for them now you have signed up to their forums slagging us off?

supercity36 said:
its the geordies fault.... 5th wasnt good enough for them

SO HA YOU FUCKING DUMB GEORDIE FUCKTARDS

This. With black and white bells on. Where were you when you were shit, fuck off deludedbastards@getwhatyoudeserve.com. Why the fuck should we have big club gone wrong syndrome? Enough people laughed at us, and those that felt sorry for us I didn't want their pity. The Geordies are deluded. They wanted chimps league and they got a chimp. They've got a big fanbase from being a one club town but that's it. You get what you deserve, and they've got a shit chairman and a team that's good enough for promotion, go figure.

Balls to them. Makes up for the 5-0 gubbing they gave us up there in 83 when myself and several others weren't allowed in the ground with a baying mob behind us and ended up doing the 'great north run' around Newcastle city centre well in advance of Brendan Foster making it a 'fun run' In fact, we were obviously pioneers of the said race. Must check out the copyright laws re this come to think it!!!
I've got relatives from the north-east and there wasn't much tea and sympathy for us when we were in freefall not so long ago, so not many tears being shed from my end. But each to their own. Look on the bright side, their still solvent (just) and haven't had points deducted etc and there are a lot of other teams worthy of sympathy who are in a worse predicament.

I said to my mate 3 months before it happened that I think they will take the route of renaming their stadium.

It doesn't surprise me at all, even with the parachute payments they're still in debt, even with Ashley wiping off 120m of debt from Fat Freddy and John Hall it's still not enough.

With Bolton, Wigan, Arsenal having naming rights, and Spurs soon to have naming rights I think more clubs will follow suit in the future. The money in the premiership is mind boggling and up there with some of the North American sports, and 90% of their stadiums there are named after big businesses

If you can get 5m a season for a shirt sponsor, then you can get just as much with naming rights to a stadium.

I'd personally would want to keep the name of the stadium, but unfortunately this is how it will be for many years

mano-obe said:
I said to my mate 3 months before it happened that I think they will take the route of renaming their stadium.

It doesn't surprise me at all, even with the parachute payments they're still in debt, even with Ashley wiping off 120m of debt from Fat Freddy and John Hall it's still not enough.

With Bolton, Wigan, Arsenal having naming rights, and Spurs soon to have naming rights I think more clubs will follow suit in the future. The money in the premiership is mind boggling and up there with some of the North American sports, and 90% of their stadiums there are named after big businesses

If you can get 5m a season for a shirt sponsor, then you can get just as much with naming rights to a stadium.

I'd personally would want to keep the name of the stadium, but unfortunately this is how it will be for many years

I think it's fine when it's a new stadium like at Arsenal but renaming old grounds is just wrong imo.
Can you imagine our reaction if whilst at Maine Rd it was renamed The Primark Stadium or such like ?

bluemoon32 said:
mano-obe said:

I think it's fine when it's a new stadium like at Arsenal but renaming old grounds is just wrong imo.
Can you imagine our reaction if whilst at Maine Rd it was renamed The Primark Stadium or such like ?

Yep I'd be very pissed off too, I would always want to have a stadium name than an advert, but I can see why he's done it and this will be the norm for most stadiums in ten years time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.