Next 3 League Games - Expectations? | The Last 3 Games (Page 51)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well to completely jinx us, if you swap the promoted teams out for the corresponding relegated team from last season, then in the next 10 fixtures for each top 6 side, last season looked like this:

1. Spurs P10 W9 D1 L0 GD: +23, Pts: 28/30.
2. MCFC P10 W8 D2 L0 GD: +17, Pts: 26/30.
3. Chelsea P10 W8 D1 L1 GD: +16, Pts: 25/30.
4. Arsenal P10 W7 D0 L3 GD: +10 Pts: 21/30.
5. Liverpool P10 W6 D1 L3 GD: +7, Pts: 19/30.
6. Rags P10 W4 D3 L3 GD: +3, Pts: 15/30.

So we had a really good run in these fixtures last season (played at different times obviously), but we'll have to have a really good run to keep in the same ballpark, but if we did then we would have 60 points out of an available 66, with GD +50 which would be simply incredible.

Chelsea and Spurs under huge pressure there to replicate that form from last year, these are the games where Spurs went on an incredible run. Arsenal and Liverpool about par for their overall season, and most interestingly this is where United really struggled. They lost to Watford, us and Arsenal, and had draws at Everton and home to Bournemouth and Burnley. Clearly, especially in the last 3 they will pick up wins now, so they have a good opportunity to pick up points net against their rivals, but it'll be interesting to see how they cope with them over the festive period.

Next 3 league games in this period look like it could keep getting better for us, which is good in the run up to the derby:

City
26th Nov - Huddersfield (A). Win
29th Nov - Southampton (H). Win
3rd Dec - West Ham (H). Win

United
25th Nov - Brighton (H). Win
28th Nov - Watford (A). Draw
2nd Dec - Arsenal (A). Draw/lose

Chelsea
25th Nov - Liverpool (A). Win/draw
29th Nov - Swansea (H). Win
2nd Dec - Newcastle (H). Win

Spurs
25th Nov - West Brom (H). Win
28th Nov - Leicester (A). Win
2nd Dec - Watford (A). Win

Liverpool
25th Nov - Chelsea (H). Lose/draw
29th Nov - Stoke (A). Draw
2nd Dec - Brighton (A). Draw

Arsenal
26th Nov - Burnley (A). Draw/win
29th Nov - Huddersfield (H). Win
2nd Dec - United (H). Draw/win

We have to be wary of Huddersfield away but the rest of our 'challengers' have harder games.

My predictions. I'm not worried about Huddersfield one bit.

We've just come out of our hardest run in my opinion Chelsea away, Napoli away and home, Arsenal home, Leicester away winning them all in style. The next 5 league games look far easier and I'm expecting 5 wins again. The injury to Stones is a problem though

I think kompany's returned at the right time. I just hope that pep doesn't play him every week...we need to manage him properly. Give him a rest mid week.

I think kompany's returned at the right time. I just hope that pep doesn't play him every week...we need to manage him properly. Give him a rest mid week.

Not only do we need to manage his fitness but Delph’s as well. Walker too. We have Feyenoord to play then 3 important league games. I’d go with something like this in terms of back 4.

Feyenoord: Zinchenko-Mangala-Otamendi-Danilo

Huddersfield: Delph-Otamendi-Kompany-Walker

Southampton:Danilo-Mangala-Otamendi-Walker

West Ham: Delph-Otamendi-Kompany-Walker

Maybe Zinchenko plays great and we can use him against Soton but I think it’s unlikely. Rotation will be key and we don’t want Delph & Kompany starting all 3 league games. Unfortunately Otamendi will likely start all 4 as I don’t see us starting Tosin in the league.

I'd take three 1-0 wins before the derby. 43 points after 15 games would really set us up well for the Christmas fixtures.

Yep completely agree. So that means Southampton is out of the question for him luckily it's a home game so we should be ok with that

Yep completely agree. So that means Southampton is out of the question for him luckily it's a home game so we should be ok with that
To be honest, I wouldn't even trust him not to break down in training. (No insult intended, just reality). We have to think very carefully about how and where and when we play Vincent I think, because one thing is pretty much for certain (sadly): he is going to pick up another injury. It's the way it is.

Next 4 fixtures = 4 wins for me. Not being arrogant of anything I just don't see any of these opponents hurting us unless we shoot ourselves in the foot in some way, which on the form of this season to date I can't see happening... Frankly while I don't buy into the 'invincibles' stuff, I can't see us losing more than maybe 2 or 3 games all season and those may come in the mad Christmas period or April time when all sorts of competitions comes to the boil, the Prem, CL, FA cup, all big matches, pressure games at the end of a long campaign with players who will be tired and running on adrenaline as much as anything else.

2017 Remaining Fixtures

Huddersfield (A) W
Southampton (H) W
West Ham (H) W
Man Utd (A) W
Swansea (A) W
Tottenham (H) D
Bournemouth (H) W
Newcastle (A) W
Crystal Palace (A) W

Can't see us dropping any points at the moment. Spurs is our toughest game in my opinion but beating united is arguably more important in the title race. I might be expecting too much but I predict we'll collect 25/27 pts. One game at a time.

3 points in the bag. Next up:
Southampton - Win
West Ham - Win

Rags have Watford and Arsenal next...can't see them winning both games but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.