next 6 fix

JOGAMIGMOG said:
JOGAMIGMOG said:
Villa, last season fell away badly when being in contention for the top 4. We're showing signs that we will be doing something similar. Let's face it, we've not battered a team on the pitch for ages now and were lucky to win against Pompey ffs and Hull actually beat us! All this coupled with the fact that we're playing Chelsea away and Spurs (if ever City had a bogey team at home it's these tw@ts) and also Fulham away - where we also never win at and whilst I'm at it Liverpool at home - when was the last time we actually beat them at home? Where was I? Oh yes, to summarise we'll be lucky to get 6 points out of the next 6 matches. When was the last time we actually won a game that mattered? We contrived to blow it at Old Trafford, blow last season in the Uefa Cup, blow it in every single q-final we've been since 1981. We always fuck it up, don't we? With your hand on your heart can you honestly see signs that we've changed? Because I can't.

No doubt I'd get called a twat, a fuckin idiot, or even worse a Rag! But come on guys, this is City you're talking about here. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if we have turned our mentality into a winning one but I think it will take at least another season to turn this around. At home we're almost invincible and that is great to see but away we're still not good enough to be a top 4 side this season I'm afraid.

I'd love for someone to tell me and wrong and, more importantly, why I'm wrong.

COME ON CITY!!!!

BUMP.

I just want to say I can be made to look a right nob sometimes!!!! :)

How's everyone else doing?

Well at least you have stopped digging the hole !

Got Stoke and Liverpool bang on. I didn't call the win at Chelsea though. Still reckon I'll be about right in my overall points prediction.

Chippy_boy said:
KentBlue said:
Trying to be as realistic as possible:

A Stoke City. Lose.
A very very tough fixture this. If we can scrape by with a draw I'd be delighted. However, I think we're going to come away empty-handed. They're a physically tough, no-nonsense team and will be in our faces from the off.

H Liverpool. Win.
I'm a lot more confident about playing Liverpool these days than I have been for a long time. They've hit a good run of form just lately but you cannot hide the fact that they're not the force they once were. To me they're a mid-table team whose reputation frightens other sides. Teams think: "Oh no! Liverpool? We'll lose that one."
Personally I'd say they're more afraid of the damage we can do them than the other way around.
I don't think it'll be easy, and it certainly won't be pretty, but I'd go for a City win here.

A Chelsea. Lose.
Cannot see anything other than a Chelsea win here - and it breaks my heart to admit it. They're a formidable team at home and we're piss-poor away, so although I think we'll put up a bloody good fight and give them a decent game, it's another defeat for us, I'm afraid.

H Tottenham Hotspur. Win.
No question other than a convincing win. I've been thinking for some time now that sooner or later everything with us is going to click and someone's going to come to ComS and take a bit of a pounding. I think Spurs will be that team.
Spiv 'Arry will have his court case on his mind and it already looks like things are coming apart within the club because of this. I am seriously thinking in terms of 4-0.

A Sunderland. Win.
Another win here. No logic or anything invlolved, just a gut-feeling that we'll go there with the bit between our teeth and take the spoils, no problems.
To me, Sunderland are an average side who've been punching above their weight for some time now. Time we knocked them down to size. And if that sounds arrogant, then too bad.

A Fulham. Draw.
Yep. A score draw. maybe 2-2 or something similar. Roy Hodgson's doing bloody wonders there and Craven Cottage is not an easy place to go at the best of times. But I think we'll be too strong for them in attack, but strong enough in defence to repel their threat. Hence, a draw.

So by my reckoning we'll get 10 points from those fixtures. Not too bad. Could be better, but could also be a lot worse.

Trouble is, we could very easily lose the Liverpool game and the Spuds game (given our dreadful record against both) and end up with 4 points not 10.
Only 4pts.. it'll never happen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.