Next Captain

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Interviews/FA-Cup-reaction-Kompany-verdict" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Interviews/ ... ny-verdict</a>

Refuses to take any credit, said he doesn't care less about not being nominated for Player of the Year and would prefer City to win something. Don't think my admiration for this man could possibly get any higher.

Although the "Belgium will be rocking tonight, won't it?" question was cringeworthy (as if they all support us because Vinny plays for us) and Kompany seemed a bit put off by it at first.

"And why aren't you on the list for player of the year?"

"Honestly, I don't care. It would be so much more to me if we won the FA cup."

Words cannot describe how much the man Vinny is. I feel so safe when he is defending and I just knew he was going to dominate Berbatov.

Vinny For Captain. Please!

It's like the guy has a mental to do list, "Shit that will make me a footballing legend", and he's ticking it all off. Fantastic example on the pitch, fantastic example off the pitch, he's just the absolute fucking man. Give that man the armband now and don't look back. Make De Jong vice captain. Let's give it to the people who lead by example, not by handing in transfer requests. If we can have a vice vice captain, give it to Hart. Those three are the real core of our team, not Carlito.

adrianr said:
It's like the guy has a mental to do list, "Shit that will make me a footballing legend", and he's ticking it all off. Fantastic example on the pitch, fantastic example off the pitch, he's just the absolute fucking man. Give that man the armband now and don't look back. Make De Jong vice captain. Let's give it to the people who lead by example, not by handing in transfer requests. If we can have a vice vice captain, give it to Hart. Those three are the real core of our team, not Carlito.

This this and this. Can't say it any better. They give their heart and soul to the team on the field and act like gentlemen off it.

Footballers get a slagging for not being good role models and bad behaviour, but thats the media's fault for making people like Rooney heroes and giving them so much media exposure. Vincent Kompany is not only extremely talented, but intelligent as well, a true leader on and off the pitch. Regardless of whether Tevez stays or not, Vincent Kompany should be leading City out every week. One of the best players to ever pull on the blue shirt, he'll walk the player of the season award.

big time conundrum for me if Tevez plays again this season, especially if he's fit for the final. Kompany is every single thing you would want in a captain, Tevez is completely the opposite.

end of the day though I don't care who it is that lifts the trophy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.