Next Captain

It may be too soon to give it him but as soon as VK can no longer get on the pitch (not far off that with all the injuries), then its his. Natural leader, natural ability, plus he'll hold it down for the next 10 years.

Deffo a captain in the making,was sat on row 2 at Stoke away,could hear him telling players where they should be,and that was only 2 games in(3 with CL?)Heard him have a pop at Otamendi a couple of times,also Caballero,nothing short of confidence this kid,great,great buy.
Not only us,he'll captain England too,IMO.

Deffo a captain in the making,was sat on row 2 at Stoke away,could hear him telling players where they should be,and that was only 2 games in(3 with CL?)Heard him have a pop at Otamendi a couple of times,also Caballero,nothing short of confidence this kid,great,great buy.
Not only us,he'll captain England too,IMO.
Only a matter of time for England, but I reckon he's nailed on for us in the new year

Like most have said he def will be our captain for years to come but not just yet,"experts" laughed & laughed when we paid £47.5m for him, who's fuckin laughing now eh??

He'll be our captain one day and for a long while hopefully, but can't see that being any time earlier than next season, and if Vinny can stay relatively healthy this year I imagine it will still be him. I hope he can because I think Stones and Vinny could make for a great pairing in Pep's tactics

Wouldn't be surprised if it was as early as next season. We can't keep rotating it every week, he's a guaranteed starter because he's the only CB who truly gets the game Pep wants and Pep is already sending instructions to the rest of the back 4 through him on the pitch.

Vinny has missed 20% of the season already, by the time he comes back it could be 1/4 of the season gone and after that who knows how long he'll last but it'd be a fool who expects him to last more than a couple of months.

There's no point giving it to Fernandinho who will be 32. Kolarov, Clichy, Sagna, Zabaleta, Fernando and Navas will possibly all be gone. Aguero, De Bruyne and Silva are not captain material.

Me... I hope that Vinny will return and have a relatively injury-free career ahead of him.

If that doesn't pan out... then it's probably going to be Bravo as our Captain. Stones is just too young - it's human nature to ignore youth or to resent someone younger than you who is in charge.

Bravo is Chile's captain - and for good reason - he's calm, but accepts zero bullshit. He gave Kolarov a talking-to after Kolo's failure to move into an open passing position quickly enough in the first half against Spurs.

Moreover, Bravo has the bravado, skill, confidence, and ball-playing ability to command respect from everyone in our side.

So Vinny as Captain - first choice if he's on the pitch - but if not, human nature dictates that our Captain will be Bravo.

And in Bravo we'll have an excellent Captain if that's the way it turns out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.