Next Captain

Strange decision this IMO. We’ve appointed a new captain who will probably be gone next season and then we’ll have to appoint another one.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Dinho but how many minutes will he actually play this season?

Can't understand that decision. Yes, he's one of the senior players. But he's not going to be a regular automatic choice. Say we got to the CL final (don't laugh!) and, by some freakish occurrence, we had a completely fit squad to pick from; taking sentiment out of it, would he be picked? I doubt it, particularly if he wasn't the captain.

I’m baffled by how many are surprised or think this is an odd decision. He was next in line, there’s nobody at the club better suited to being captain than dinho. you listen to all the new signings/youngsters dinho always gets a name check for helping them settle into being a city player and on the pitch he’s the leader. What does it matter that he’s unlikely to be here next season? There isn’t some bedding in period for a captain, and if he doesn’t play then kdb takes on the role on the pitch, being captain is an everyday thing And not just a 90 minute role every 3 days,he’s the best candidate for the role right now and it’s fully deserved.

This is highlevel sport involving expereicned elite sportsman, does who wears the armband *actually* make that much difference. Non of them are in Kompany mould anyway....

Should be kdb as even last season fernandhino wasn’t captain material so he ain’t gonna be this season either . Kdb is the most vocal on the pitch aswell .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.