Next Captain

Last night it was clear that Dias has the leadership qualities on the pitch to merit being captain. I was impressed with him vocally organising our defence and instilling morale and belief into the team. He has made a huge difference since arriving and stones is thriving more than any other player because of Dias.

Dias for captain.

It seems we now have several leaders emerging within the team which is great.

it’s never down to one man but the team.
fern, Kev, stones, Diaz, gundy, Aguero could all lead the charge

City have a leadership team of 4 or 5 players, the senior one is Club Captain who is chosen by the players currently Fernandino. There is an hierarchy which dictates the captain of the day, if he is subbed then he hands the armband to the next senior player on the pitch

I don't like KDB as captain as he still has an immature streak in my opinion.
He tends to have a mini hissy fit if someone doesn't pass the ball exactly where he wants it or if they pass to someone else. You never see him encourage another player if they make a bad pass or miss the target. A true captain knows when to bollock another player and when to encourage them.

Dias is the leader already. You can give anyone the armband, but they’ll only be Captain in name. The man leading us all is Dias.

It's strange how much difference a few weeks can make to how you feel about a squad of players. We've lost a lot of players key to our recent success and with Aguero injured and Ferny often on the bench it felt like there was a bit of disconnection with the squad, at least in my opinion. Who were the leaders? Who was the man that would give someone a kicking and inject a bit of bite if we needed it? Who would step up and drive the team forwards? The inability to go to games has probably made me feel more disconnected from the playing squad.

Here we are though, and suddenly it feels like we have a squad that are going to graft, fight and battle to ensure they win games and titles. And, for me, Dias has brought about this change. The way he celebrates winning a defensive challenge with his team mates. The way he challenges others around him to improve. All signs of a man who wants to lead the team and although he's barely been with us for 5 minutes, the impact he has made shows he is the man to captain the side.

De Bruyne can't hide his disappointment if a pass goes awry or someone doesn't play him the ball. Let him lead through his ability but don't give him the captaincy. Ferny, when on the pitch is a leader. He covers so much ground, he leaves his foot in and takes a booking when needed and just oozes class on the ball. Last night he was sensational. And when he's on the pitch he should be captain. But when he isn't, Dias should be.

Dias all day for me. Been here 5 mins and his influence is epic. Dont weigh down KDB with that responsibility and I also think Dias is better suited to it. Born leader and winner for me. KDB an amazing player but different characteristics.

So in conclusion. DIAS!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.