Next Captain

After seeing the rumours that Kompany is being made available to offers (and assuming his heartbreaking injury crisis continues either way), there's a good chance we'll be seeing someone else with the armband next season.

Any ideas/ guesses?

It's no secret that we're lacking leaders when Vincent isn't on the pitch and I don't think there are any stand out candidates outfield. For that reason, I'd guess Hart.
This post aged very badly indeed :)

KDB seems too stroppy at times to have the armband. Even over little things like a misplaced pass. In contrast, Dias picks people up after a mistake and encourages them. He has already had a transformative effect on the team, both tangibly and intangibly. He is a born leader and it would be a mistake to opt for KDB over him.
Dias been here 5 minutes, and being a Captain is far more than the occasional interaction we might see on TV.

While he may become part of the “Captains” over time, it would be a mistake to make him CLUB CAPTAIN. That requires something more than just organizing the defence for a corner or set piece.

I am very much of the opinion that if you have a world class centre back who is a natural leader they should always be first pick. The whole team is infront of them and will be able to hear and follow their instructions. I think the creative players should be left to do just that and usually don't make the best captains as it can be more of a distraction.
The obvious candidate is Ruben Dias for the next few years and as soon as he has properly bedded I think he should be given it which should be the next 12 - 18 months.

Dias for me. I've been on record since Kompany left saying I don't think kdb makes a Good captain, he loses his shit too much and whilst I'm sure no player will take it personally, in the heat of the moment if someone js having an off game it's hardly likely to rally them. Off the pitch he's supposedly rather shy nd quiet, not saying it can't work as David silva proved it can but kev doesn't need the extra responsibility, let him get on with playing his game and dominating matches and leave the rest to. More natural leader in Dias.

Seniority tends to win when the players pick their captain but I think he's in with a Shout and if Fernandinho doesn't leave this summer as we all anticipate then he's almost certain to take it in 2 years

KDB for me, yes dias has done really well but are we gonna award captaincy over a good season and forget KDB's contribution of five seasons? If anything, Dias could be the second captain but that's about it

I thought KDB was already our current captain
Dias next for me 100%
Natural leader....you can’t teach that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.