Next Captain

Kev has to keep it IMO. He has earned the armband and will continue to be influential. Dias? I would hold fire for now. He has been brilliant but we don’t want to add any extra pressure or distractions that could affect his form.

KDB for me, yes dias has done really well but are we gonna award captaincy over a good season and forget KDB's contribution of five seasons? If anything, Dias could be the second captain but that's about it
Being the best player doesn't make you the best captain, so it isn't ignoring what KDB has contributed for 5 seasons.
What we need is a leader on the pitch, somebody that can galvanise them if things aren't going to plan.

If that is Dias it doesn't matter to me if he has only been here a short time.

John Stones has just got his form back and has never looked captain material to me tbh, I wouldn't chance it ruining him.

I think there is an antiquated notion of what a Club Captain is. What it’s not is the best shouter or player who can gee up a teammate. It’s far more than that, which is why it is nearly always a senior player with the respect t of all his teammates and the ability to not only speak TO them, but FOR them.

There is a reason Pep prefers to let the players pick their CaptainS.

Being the best player doesn't make you the best captain, so it isn't ignoring what KDB has contributed for 5 seasons.
What we need is a leader on the pitch, somebody that can galvanise them if things aren't going to plan.

If that is Dias it doesn't matter to me if he has only been here a short time.

John Stones has just got his form back and has never looked captain material to me tbh, I wouldn't chance it ruining him.

its not just about KDB being the best player, he has leadership qualities too and always try to give his best even when things arent going great.

Dias has shown great ability, he has leadership qualities no doubt but club captaincy shouldnt be awarded after doing well in your debut season, it should be earned over several seasons of hardwork and dedication imo.

This post aged very badly indeed :)

Just like most of my posts then.

I shit you not, I was thinking about that post about a week ago. He really did have a fairytale ending to his City career, even before you consider that his body wouldn't hold up for longer than a week or two at the start of Pep's reign.

Honestly, I don't think I'll ever be so emotional and happy for any player again as I was for him after the Leicester game. I was a mess.

its not just about KDB being the best player, he has leadership qualities too and always try to give his best even when things arent going great.

Dias has shown great ability, he has leadership qualities no doubt but club captaincy shouldnt be awarded after doing well in your debut season, it should be earned over several seasons of hardwork and dedication imo.

So in several seasons time, we will give the armband to somebody that has a couple of years left to play, makes sense that, I mean who wants a Captain to lead the club for 10 seasons.

KDB is and has already been stated a little petulant when things aren't going to plan, throwing his arms up in the air if one of his passes is not ran onto as expected or if somebody misses a chance he has set up, he shows visible signs of frustration, not that is not a bad thing in a player but it isn't good leadership in the slightest.

Plus the fact is you said we would KDB's contribution over 5 seasons, should we have given the captaincy to Aguero for his 9 years worth of contributions?

I am not saying Dias should be captain but I don't think KDB should be it either tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.