Next Captain

Players tend to vote with seniority in mind based on the previous captains so I suspect it will be in order; kdb, walker, Dias, Rodri, Stones, with Ake filling the 5th spot if walker goes.

Yeah they really only change one or two depending on who leaves and I think the order of who gets the armband after the official captain is 100% based on who has played most games for the club.

22/23 it was Gundogan, KDB, Walker, Rodri, Dias.

21/22 it was Fernandinho, Gundogan, KDB, Dias, Walker.

20/21 It was Silva, Fernandinho, KDB, Sterling, Walker.

19/20 It was Silva, Fernandinho, KDB, Sterling, Walker.

18/19 It was Kompany, Silva, Fernandinho, Aguero (don't think there was a 5th)

My guess is KDB wears the armband, Rodri, Dias stay in the group, and maybe Stones and Haaland in for Walker and Gundo? Haaland is young and it's only his second year, but the same was true of Dias when he got picked.

One of the things I like about the traidtion of having 5 captains is we get a glimpse of who's a leader behind the scenes. People wouldn't have picked Walker or Sterling or even Gundogan when they all first got elected into the group.

It looks like KDB is our new captain and Walker will be vice captain if he stays.

I'm guessing the other three in the leadership group will be Dias, Rodri and one more, possibly Stones.

Hot potato, giving it to oldest in the group. Give it to Dias or Rodri then it doesn't have to change hands every season.
Kevs not a captain, throws his hands up in a strop everytime he thinks his teammates do something wrong for a start lol.

Inevitable it was going to be kdb seniority always wins and we can't argue with the players vote.

For me, I dislike seeing kdb as captain though, he can be very emotional during games, loves a little strop. Not saying there's anything wrong with it but I want my captain to be more calm, I'd have gone Dias with Rodri second in command but kdb, walker is fine, doesn't really matter end of the day.

Just watched Pep's press conference and he said the players will vote once the window is closed.

Still think it'll be Kev though.

With the new season upon us, and with the players about to vote on the new club captain, who is the standout candidate from the fans perspective, and why?

I’ll go first, Rodri. Leads by example, complete warrior, never less than an 8/10 performance. Arguably our most important player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.